Magico M7 2023

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thank you! I am surprised as it is a "small room" , didn't think it would be fine for M7. Will this room be acoustically treated?
Yes, if you look at the walls in the pictures, there are panels that are a combination of diffusers and absorption throughout the room.

M2’s were in the room prior and the room sounded great and even after just setting the M7 up and firing up the Pilium Zeus with a few sample tracks, you could tell there will be no issues with either the bass or any other frequencies.

Although we did not take the pins out of the MPODS and of course they are not broken in yet.

With any of the Magico sealed box cabinets I very rarely have run into bass issues which is usually the vital issue to deal with.

We are going to run a few hundred hours on them, and then we will do more tuning.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: Rhapsody and TLi

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I am chomping at the bit, as the M7s that are coming to Rhapsody Brooklyn should be shipping within the next 30 days. Now that I have the Pilium Olympus/Zeus (arrived last week) and hearing that combination with the new Magico S3's, which I am delighted with the sound, I can't imagine what the Pilium/M7 is going to sound like. I actually could stop at the Olympus/Zeus/S3/REL carbon specials and be a 100% satisfied, happy camper.

I heard the Olympus/Zeus/M7 briefly at set up with the M7s/Olympus/Zeus that we installed at a customer last month but nothing was broken in so it was difficult to tell what the sound was really like. The customer has said after a few weeks of playing time the system completely transformed.

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Hey friend,
is it already known (perhaps to you?)
how many rooms and what equipment will be matched to PILIUM this year at the Munich High End Show?
And if there will be the combination of the new M7 with the PILIUM's Top gear?

QuadDiffuser

VIP/Donor
Apr 2, 2017
Hong Kong
Please help post a web link containing details - this will spare me from taking a trip to Magico’s HQ outside of San Francisco!
Alon Wolf and Peter MacKay will be in Hong Kong to host a launch event of M7 on next Thursday Feb 29.

I shall be there to see if there is anything worth reporting.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hey friend,
is it already known (perhaps to you?)
how many rooms and what equipment will be matched to PILIUM this year at the Munich High End Show?
And if there will be the combination of the new M7 with the PILIUM's Top gear?
Hello Itay,

There will be SEVERAL rooms that have Pilium set ups with varying Pilium preamps and amplifiers. I think five rooms total. We are not going to mention the partner rooms quite yet as we are still a few months away and things can always change,

Pilium WILL be used in the Magico room, but Magico has not announced what speakers they will be bring to Munich this year at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: itay123

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Magico M7s/Pilium settling in. The system has now been installed for about a month and is sounding GREAT! IMG_1291.jpg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The debut of M7 in Hong Kong today :

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi TLi,
You attended the M7 debut this morning.
Please share your thoughts with the WBF brothers here.
Many thanks! :D

TLi

May 27, 2016
Hi TLi,
You attended the M7 debut this morning.
Please share your thoughts with the WBF brothers here.
Many thanks! :D
Today launch event is more like a press conference than audition demonstration. Only the press was invited, around thirty reporters were present, local audiophile was not included. The room was nice and the dimension was good. Top electronic gears were used, but the actual music playing time was around 20 minutes divided into two parts. The sound is good but with equipment in this caliper, one tends to expect more.

Having say that, the M7 is still a very impressive speaker. User will not be disappointed.

QuadDiffuser

VIP/Donor
Apr 2, 2017
Hong Kong
Any photos or videos to share? For how long will the M7s be available for audition at the venue?

Mabutu

Mar 20, 2019
I dont want to rationalize or justify anyones pricing however every thing in our world is increasing in price rapidly. For those in business you will obviously get it and for those who aren't there are a myriad of costs that are going through the roof.
I don't speak for Wilson nor Magico but I can speak for the companies I represent and sell.
Cost of money to borrow - up
real estate - up
employees - up ( and harder to find)
transportation- way up
fuel- up
insurance - way up both liability and health care
cost of raw goods- out of control on many if are available at all

Everything is out of control. When it costs 25 bucks for a pizza, 20 bucks for a chesseburger and 5 bucks a gallon we have lost our minds.
thank god central bankers have assured us that inflation remains well under 4%

what i paid for my Q5 years ago would get me shipping and insurance for an M7

only when we become like lebanon, where people are hocking jewellery to buy a loaf of bread will we learn the value of a gold standard

Reactions: Rotatoubib

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
thank god central bankers have assured us that inflation remains well under 4%

what i paid for my Q5 years ago would get me shipping and insurance for an M7

only when we become like lebanon, where people are hocking jewellery to buy a loaf of bread will we learn the value of a gold standard

4% :)

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I ll be hearing the M7 this weekend .
The company i work for wanted to send me to spain tomorrow for a X-ray NDT weld inspection but it got cancelled ;) .
I ll post pics and if possible make some vids .
It ll be M7 / D agostino relentless / Wadax

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
My pair of M7 was delivered today. Even in brand new condition, the sound is very warm and articulate. It is certainly a lot better than my previous M6.

M7 is a very high performance speaker, no doubt about it. View attachment 128406

Nice. I was curious about comparisons to M6. And I see tubes driving them. What are the sensitivity and impedance specifications? And how low does the impedance go? I have always hoped for a more efficient speaker from Magico that would open up the amplification options. Congratulations.

Don't you have the AirForce Zero? Nice to see Magico with vinyl.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing