Magico M7 2023

TLi

May 27, 2016
I wonder how many M9s were sold worldwide
And how many M7's will be sold
Not a lot of people can afford this level of audio
According to Jay's Audio Lab, Jay says approximately 40 pairs of M9 have been made, 30 pairs were sold to Europe, China and southeast Asia. 10 pairs were in the States.

It can be projected around 100 pairs of M7 will be sold.

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
You can ask that about every speaker on the planet .
And a better idea is just to buy it
Becaue there's no way it will disappoint ;)
In the end, M7 is a speaker, and yes questions for other speakers are relevant here as well (they might just cost more).

Reactions: AudioGod

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Magico M7 front baffle.
The front section of the M7’s multi-layer front baffle takes 17 hours to machine and finish.
403698683_780216660811492_901409160416681334_n.jpg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Give it two years time and see the offerings from Magico and Wilson :rolleyes: :p

Imagine people will then have to upgrade for fear of missing out

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Imagine people will then have to upgrade for fear of missing out

FOMO is never a good rationale for decisions. But business depends on it.

• Haha
Reactions: Mabutu and XV-1

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Potential buyers should address some key considerations\queries regarding the M7 loudspeaker:

1. What role does the impedance curve of the M7 play in determining amplifier selection and its subsequent impact on performance?

2. In driving the M7 with various amplifier types and brands, what specific challenges arise and how do these affect its overall performance?

3. What are M7's soundstage and imaging capabilities?

4. What are the ways buyers can do to maximize the M7's potential for performance, what should be room dimensions and optimal acoustics?

5. How does the M7's performance differ across music genres such as classical, jazz, rock, and electronic music?

6. In terms of price point, how does the Magico M7 compare to other high-end loudspeakers that boast similar performance specifications?

7. What would be the anticipated lifespan of the Magico M7 and how might this factor into its long-term value proposition now and as a resell?

The M7 is a speaker that commands attention due to several key factors. Its impedance curve holds significant sway in amplifier selection, soundstage quality, and its ability to adapt across various music genres. Moreover, considering room dimensions and optimizing acoustics contribute significantly to its overall performance.

Additionally, certain critical aspects warrant consideration when evaluating its value in the high-end loudspeaker market. Price comparisons, anticipation of its lifespan, and resale values all contribute to determining the M7's worth in this competitive landscape.
Could you post the M7 impedance curve or provide a link to it please. TIA

Reactions: mxk116

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Could you post the M7 impedance curve or provide a link to it please. TIA
Not until it will be published by the company or by magazine review.
That's why I wrote it in questions for potential owners to ask.

worldtime

Apr 14, 2021
Some insights about Paris debuting, heard from my dealer

1. the showroom is about 35m2, M7 didn’t overwhelmed the space
2. the speakers look much bigger than the photos
3. they disappeared very well, he referred M2. (I kinda doubt that, anyway, let’s see)
4. very very black background
5. Sound character is still typical M series, but in a very phenomenal way, specially with bass, however no instruments were oversized, everything is still very natural
6. 4 mpods each speaker, the two at the back can be adjusted with height
7. Alon didn’t want any video….
8. People from different parts of the world came just for the show, for example Japan

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I really want a pair
All I need is to save $370K more ;)

Do you have a big enough room for that? Where I live, the real estate for that would be much more money than the price of the speakers.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
My room is 3mX3m

Probably way to small. My room is 7.2 m length x 3.6 m width x 2.6 m height (24 x 12 x 8.5 feet) and considering its narrow width its suitable in my view only for monitors or small (slim) floorstanders (or directional horns, for that matter). An M7, fugitaboudit.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
If you don t have an optimal room you don t need to risk /spend so much , for example buy smaller magicos .
I still think the Magico V3 is one of the best they have made

I directly compared the V3 to the Mini II and preferred the latter. Both are quite good and would sound nice in such a small room.

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
My room is 3mX3m
I think people tend to over-estimate the room acoustic challenges of a small square room and underestimate the room acoustic challenges of a large rectangular room.
To me, if someone has a large room but insist on sitting at a room mode with a huge bass peak they are going to get worse sound than someone being selective about where they sit in a small square room.
I think a 3m x 3m room should be able to support a decent sized full-range speaker. Especially if you’re willing to your DSP/EQ to compensate for room acoustic issues after you’ve optimized your seating and speaker positions. Additionally, thinner midrange-high frequency absorbers on the walls and maybe active bass traps (because of space limitations) would also help tamp down acoustic issues.
That said, M7’s are probably a bit too big for a 3m x 3m room.

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
What would be for you the minimal room size for M3, M6 or M7? I suppose the room is treated with absorbers on the walls and active bass traps
( mine is 5.55 x 4.63 x 2.63, with YG Sonja 2.2)

Reactions: AudioGod and ctydwn

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing