Magico M-Rack

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I will also second it. But be very careful when buying Vibraplane bargains at eBay. Old models have a rubber pneumatic piston that is not supported anymore by Kineticsystems. If you have a leak the only official alternative is replacing all the pistons of the table with current ones, at a cost around 50% of the cost of a new table. :(

Very good advice. I bought two used units on Ebay. Cheap at $400 each. I set about refinishing them, painting them black, etc. Neither works well. Kinetic Systems quoted $1500 to fix each one. They don't want to do repairs. They want to sell new ones. Sure enough, I bought two new ones at just more than the repair costs of the old ones. I would not buy used on Ebay again. These are fragile and the surplus equipment sellers sell them "as is" because they know they have problems. The other thing to keep in mind is that the Vibraplane's performance goes way up when they are properly pre-loaded close to the design limit to total weight of 275 lbs. You can get custom steel ballast plates made for them and it is well worth it.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
You'd be hard to justify $3 - 5K

Much, MUCH better racks out there like Adona, Stillpoints and HRS

Is this rack worth $30k? OK, I said it...and yes, everyone else was thinking it.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Is this rack worth $30k? OK, I said it...and yes, everyone else was thinking it.

But Mark in a million years you as a pediatric radiologist woud be the last person from whom I would ever expect a post such as this :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Originally Posted by Bruce B
You'd be hard to justify $3 - 5K

Much, MUCH better racks out there like Adona, Stillpoints and HRS

Have you checked the price of the racks you've mentioned? Not quite as much as that DD rack but a lot more than $3-5K. I think you're talking about closer to 10 K+ for the Stillpoint and HRS racks.

I think something like the SRA Scuttle is around $5 to 7K depending upon the configuration.

KBK

Jan 3, 2013
I think the Magico rack will last longer.

And that the other one is all fakery and marketing.

Am I the only one in north America that thinks that suck fakery is not just unattractive, but obscene?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I was watching the Colbert Report and if you think a $50k rack is absurd consider this. Apparently you can take it with you.

http://catacombosoundsystem.com/

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
No advances since Baywatch?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
No just a couple of resizings to fit the equipment.
Suppose sillicone breast implants were the perfect vibration control "devices" to put under your gear...would you do put them under your stuff :p ?
This would really seperate the hardcore high-enders from the wannabees :p hihi

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Suppose sillicone breast implants were the perfect vibration control "devices" to put under your gear...would you do put them under your stuff :p ?
This would really seperate the hardcore high-enders from the wannabees :p hihi

Do you think a couple of butt implants would help with isolation too? :)

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Forget titties and butts. There is a more pertinent analogy between the desire to own this rack and enhancement of a certain part of the male anatomy.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
This is the second (almost x rated) thread. WBF is really about what's BEST.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
This is the second (almost x rated) thread. WBF is really about what's BEST.
You're right. Lets end this by saying that pure high-end is about no interference (like no tone controls on a pre-amp); thus we stick to no implants at all ;-)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing