Magico M-Rack

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Costs between $30.000 and $50.000 (depending on choice of extras (?) and weighs as much as an elephant. Me likes haha

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
You gotta have the matching stand to go with your Q7's right.:p From that photo it does not look very rigid.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Costs between $30.000 and $50.000 (depending on choice of extras (?) and weighs as much as an elephant. Me likes haha

Bad marketing. So blantant catering to audio snob / sucker segment of the market hurts credibility of the brand.

Last edited:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
You'd be hard to justify $3 - 5K

Much, MUCH better racks out there like Adona, Stillpoints and HRS

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Bad marketing. So blantant catering to audio snob / sucker segment of the market hurst credibility of the brand.

I wouldn't be too certain. Once the other rack manufacturers follow suit with their own, similarly priced racks, this level of price will be quietly accepted by the ever elastic audiophile market.Takes a while to sink in but we will comply. We, after all, accept $50,000 speaker cables :)

Reactions: Protegimus

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
You'd be hard to justify $3 - 5K

Much, MUCH better racks out there like Adona, Stillpoints and HRS

Thy're good "for their price range" ;)

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I think it's officially out of control!!

KBK

Jan 3, 2013
I wouldn't be too certain. Once the other rack manufacturers follow suit with their own, similarly priced racks, this level of price will be quietly accepted by the ever elastic audiophile market.Takes a while to sink in but we will comply. We, after all, accept $50,000 speaker cables :)

I would prefer to sell such items (cables) for less, but.......

I've always enjoyed the idea of (and the reality of) cutting a hole in the wall, running the cables through that... and having the system in another completely different space than the speakers. That does not exempt the idea of very good stands, though. And the cable costs can get extreme. But, less expensive than might have been... due to cutting the ever-cheap hole in the wall.

Maybe I'll get a chance to see this rack some time soon. To me, audio isolation racks are a critical aspect.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA

All we need is a TAS review and product of the year award, proclaiming this to be a breakthrough design. Not cheap, but really a bit of a bargain if you consider what this rack will do for your system.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Maybe I'll get a chance to see this rack some time soon. To me, audio isolation racks are a critical aspect.

I can't afford these expensive racks, so I built my own to match my speakers and more formal room aesthetics. Then I placed my turntable and amps on active Vibraplanes which address vibration and isolation in a very serious way. You do not see lasers, microscopes and other lab equipment on this rack or other high-end-audio platforms. You do see sensitive lab instruments on Minus K, Halcyonics and Vibraplanes.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
I can't afford these expensive racks, so I built my own to match my speakers and more formal room aesthetics. Then I placed my turntable and amps on active Vibraplanes which address vibration and isolation in a very serious way. You do not see lasers, microscopes and other lab equipment on this rack or other high-end-audio platforms. You do see sensitive lab instruments on Minus K, Halcyonics and Vibraplanes.

Same here, I have friends in the metalwork industry. I also second the Vibraplane. To me the slam dunk in isolation and rather easy to find on eBay.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) . I also second the Vibraplane. To me the slam dunk in isolation and rather easy to find on eBay.

I will also second it. But be very careful when buying Vibraplane bargains at eBay. Old models have a rubber pneumatic piston that is not supported anymore by Kineticsystems. If you have a leak the only official alternative is replacing all the pistons of the table with current ones, at a cost around 50% of the cost of a new table. :(

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
I will also second it. But be very careful when buying Vibraplane bargains at eBay. Old models have a rubber pneumatic piston that is not supported anymore by Kineticsystems. If you have a leak the only official alternative is replacing all the pistons of the table with current ones, at a cost around 50% of the cost of a new table. :(

Thanks for the warning.

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
The only thing we know for sure is that Wilson will soon debut a X-material rack in a variety of automotive finishes priced as a household statement. Not for the plebeian.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing