Lampizator Big 7 Mk3

sjsfiveo

Aug 8, 2020
Has anyone had the chance to listen to it yet, how does it compare to the MK2?

Sep 10, 2022
Interested in this as well.

sjsfiveo

Aug 8, 2020
Got my upgraded Big 7 Mk3 back Friday from Poland and have it burning in ever since. Unfortunately fighting a head cold with clogged ears this weekend so doing any kind of serious listening is pointless. I can tell the music has much more of a presence, very wall of sound and oh my the bass was good before but it's been dialed up. More to come.

cpcat

Jun 20, 2016
South Carolina
Hmmm, the Lampi Poland website says this has no VC option?

Seems like a downgrade if that is true, big deal for me.

cpcat

Jun 20, 2016
South Carolina
Also, the GG3, Pacific and the Big7 MK3 are now listed as legacy products?

No more DHT?

Last edited:

cpcat

Jun 20, 2016
South Carolina
Hello all. This is not the correct thread for my question, but I don’t think it justifies a new thread.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the latest Atlantic TRP DAC?

I have scoured the Lampizator website and read the user manual, but I can’t find the specs.

The dimension is the same for the latest model.

Last edited:

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I was also surprised to find out all the DHT dacs are now in the legacy section, although you can still order them. Now there is a big gap between Atlantic and Horizon. Does that mean the new models are coming?!! Maybe Lukasz can comment:cool:?

Agent86

Sep 6, 2020
Got my upgraded Big 7 Mk3 back Friday from Poland and have it burning in ever since. Unfortunately fighting a head cold with clogged ears this weekend so doing any kind of serious listening is pointless. I can tell the music has much more of a presence, very wall of sound and oh my the bass was good before but it's been dialed up. More to come.
Following up to see if the Big 7 Mk3 is working out for you, as I'm trying to decide whether my current Baltic 4 is the best option for me or whether another Lampi might be better.

Reactions: sjsfiveo

sjsfiveo

Aug 8, 2020
Yes it's been a fantastic DAC and I couldn't be happier I have no urge to upgrade anymore. I'm completely connected to the music. It's full and rich and detailed without any hint of being analytical or sterile which I hate.

Agent86

Sep 6, 2020
Thank you for the update! I'm somewhat torn between the options of getting a new Lampi and trying a zillion different tube combos to make my Baltic 4 better suited to the playback of classical symphonic music.

Reactions: sjsfiveo

sjsfiveo

Aug 8, 2020
Tough call as the good tubes can really add up quickly. All I can contribute to your dilemma is I talked to a gentleman in the past that had a Baltic that upgraded to a big seven and he said it was night and day different with the B7 being the considerably better DAC.

Agent86

Sep 6, 2020
Good to know! My options are either a Big 7 Mk3 or looking for a second-hand GG2 or Pacific.

Reactions: christoph

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Even if I don’t know those specific Lampis, but I would go for the higher models second hand.
Or are the newest generation Lampis so much better, even if they are a „smaller“ model?

Agent86

Sep 6, 2020
There are so many models, plus version upgrades, and then tube rolling factored in, that I'm tempted to start a new thread: "What Lampi is best for me?"

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
There are so many models, plus version upgrades, and then tube rolling factored in, that I'm tempted to start a new thread: "What Lampi is best for me?"
Please do :cool:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Good to know! My options are either a Big 7 Mk3 or looking for a second-hand GG2 or Pacific.
If you can swing the Pacific, I would defo go for the PAC ;)

roadCingKlassik

Jan 4, 2020
I talked to a gentleman in the past that had a Baltic that upgraded to a big seven and he said it was night and day different with the B7 being the considerably better DAC.
You're kill'n me!
I'm going to stay with my budget Baltic 3/4 for now. It sounds fantastic,
I cannot imagine a "night and day difference" . . . but I know it's out there, somewhere

Bushikai

Feb 12, 2014
Hello Hello, sjsfiveo good evening.

I"m planning to upgrade my Big 7, I understand by your comments that the sound really improve. How much did it cost?
Thank you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing