Canberra Australia
Hi all

I was just reading through the TAS coverage of AXPONA DAC section

As I scanned down the page I saw an entry on the B7

As I have been toying with the idea of getting a B7

Even contacted them and got a price

Unfortunately I am not in the situation of hearing one

To my shock there was Andre Jennings opinion on the sound

I could only describe his views as less than wholehearted with a caveat that you could customise the sound to taste

But I was not impressed by his account

Interested in others views

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Awsmone,

Mike was not a fan before this review he made and was so smitten he bought a Golden Gate:

http://audioshark.org/lampizator-186/lampizator-big-7-review-7213.html#.VUUNdkshdGw

and follow up with his GG purchase: http://audioshark.org/lampizator-186/lampizator-golden-gate-7223.html#.VUUNxEshdGw

Elberoth owns one after having a Trinity and replacing an MSB DacIV (upgraded Galaxy clicks). Another prominent poster here has one mainly for DSD to go along with his Trinity.
There are too many good feedback sources out there to put any great weight on TAS opinion from 1 reporter there.

I have a B7 and am delighted with it. You either get it or you don't.

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Awsmone,

Mike was not a fan before this review he made and was so smitten he bought a Golden Gate:

http://audioshark.org/lampizator-186/lampizator-big-7-review-7213.html#.VUUNdkshdGw

and follow up with his GG purchase: http://audioshark.org/lampizator-186/lampizator-golden-gate-7223.html#.VUUNxEshdGw

Elberoth owns one after having a Trinity and replacing an MSB DacIV (upgraded Galaxy clicks). Another prominent poster here has one mainly for DSD to go along with his Trinity.
There are too many good feedback sources out there to put any great weight on TAS opinion from 1 reporter there.

I have a B7 and am delighted with it. You either get it or you don't.

It will be interesting to see how Mike feels the GG stacks up to the Big 7.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I don't know about you guys but it sure didn't look damning in the least to me. I didn't see anywhere in the text where Andre Jennings laid any shortcomings on any one piece of gear in the chain.

I haven't heard a Lampi but certainly still want to.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Lol

Damning with faint praise means you say something nice but are less than effusive

. A sparse Lyle Lovett tune sounded somewhat pleasing, while a cut from Steely Dan was good but less full in the lower octaves than I’m used to hearing.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Could have been attributed to anything in the chain like I said. Like the new Ginko speakers or something else. I know what damning faint praise means, I think in English.

All I'm saying is there is nothing in that report that has damped my interest in hearing a Lampizator for myself.

Given how a piece of gear can suffer or excel within a system context, I don't expect all reports of gear I do like to be positive much less effusive either. Perhaps that is where we differ.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
- ALrainbow finds it better than his MSB stack
- I found it better than the Trinity
- I found it better than the Esoteric K01, so did the owners

Is it better to you, no one knows, but if you compare the costs, auditioning it is a no-brainer. If you like the 30 - 40k stack compared to the Lampi, fine, but if you like the Lampi, not only do you get a better sound, but you save tons of money. And it's great out of the box as well as is very tweakable, depending on how you get your kicks in this hobby. So ok if someone doesn't buy it, but auditioning is a no-brainer IMO.

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
- ALrainbow finds it better than his MSB stack
- I found it better than the Trinity
- I found it better than the Esoteric K01, so did the owners

Is it better to you, no one knows, but if you compare the costs, auditioning it is a no-brainer. If you like the 30 - 40k stack compared to the Lampi, fine, but if you like the Lampi, not only do you get a better sound, but you save tons of money. And it's great out of the box as well as is very tweakable, depending on how you get your kicks in this hobby. So ok if someone doesn't buy it, but auditioning is a no-brainer IMO.

I agree. The Lampizator is a product that needs to be heard. Just excellent sound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing