Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I don't know yet. Hopefully by week's end. The LP2.1 will be returned on Weds 6/22.
So, typically, his gear is air-freighted as I recall. You could have it courier delivered same day by arrangements through your dealer if the unit is already built and at Lamm HQ. It's what, a 5.5 hour drive for a courier? I doubt the cost of that would be that much greater than air-freight, but I'm speculating. There is something to be said for instant gratification, you know....

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
So, typically, his gear is air-freighted as I recall. You could have it courier delivered same day by arrangements through your dealer if the unit is already built and at Lamm HQ. It's what, a 5.5 hour drive for a courier? I doubt the cost of that would be that much greater than air-freight, but I'm speculating. There is something to be said for instant gratification, you know....

I am having 4 meter power supply umbilical's added so the power supplies can be located a good ways from the rest of the rack equipment (may add a day) as I don't have 3 empty shelves for the LP1 in my main racks. Vlad only ships air freight and only FedEx or DHL...no UPS. Weds is my first day I would be able to have time to set things up anyway.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
we shall see.......you will be smitten. I have listened to analog virtually 100% since I got my turntable and paired it with the LP1

Perhaps Vladimir Lamm will manufacture a DAC someday ...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
David uses the longer umbilicals. I didn't need them although I am having a new CMS rack design that will house all my gear including my RTR and I might use the longer ones if I separate the power supplies of the preamp and phono as David does

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
As we age, it's good to get some exercise getting up to flip records and adjust volume. I feel sorry for the digi server guys. They never have to get up other than to eat and pee...not healthy, lol
...And to rest their ears. Smile

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
because he is an analog guy.

Thanks. I knew about his modeling studies of hearing and perception, but was not aware of any thoughts of V. Lamm concerning the analog/digital sound reprodcution.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I asked him many times for one and the answer was always the same, NEVER! His reasoning is that he can build a better output stage but can't do anything to improve the digital side.
david

Perhaps Vladimir Lamm will manufacture a DAC someday ...

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Thank you. It arrives by Thursday at the latest.
Please let us know when you order the Lamm preamp and amps
And don't bother with that gotta pay a car bill this fall! We all know better. ;)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Christian, I look forward to reading about the decision process by which you choose which Lamm amps to order! ;)

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I asked him many times for one and the answer was always the same, NEVER! His reasoning is that he can build a better output stage but can't do anything to improve the digital side.
david

David- will he every build a high end integrated?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing