Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
It's John...unless you were addressing this to Ian... ;-)

I've found that "good dark" gear is plenty resolving. To the point you're missing nothing. And if you listen to live music, especially un amplified in a good venue it's nothing bright. I just saw Jersey Boys in Vegas this past week. At Paris. Damn...I would have said it's dark. But I heard every single detail. Every single nuance. Every single inflection. Simply amazing acoustics. I was on the 2nd row just a bit to the left. I think i heard more of them vs the speakers...

As for your post, yes to me it's more accurate. Again in comparison to live un amplified music. And yes can certainly be a preference. And yes...another thread let's dig in ;-)

Sorry John, I was reading too many of Ian's posts, lol.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
So the Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe is so good, I could easily live with it as my reference phono stage. That said...it's going back to Lamm.

In return I am ordering the Lamm LP1 Sig. That is all for now. ;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So the Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe is so good, I could easily live with it as my reference phono stage. That said...it's going back to Lamm.

Now you're talking

The LL1.1 Sig and ML3 should come next

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

Congrats! Wow... you're not even going to audition the LP1 Sig first?

Btw, did you ever listen to classical music on the LP2.1?

Steve Williams

as good as the LP 2.1 is the LP1 Signature is just in a different league. I can promise you that you will get the itch to listen to the system with the entire Signature series.

Fabulous decision Christian

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

No need. The LP2.1 uses a very similar tube topology and the same tubes. It is only going to sound better than the LP2.1 already does. I have no doubts of this.

Classical sounds better than ever through the Lamm. It delivers the performance with amazing speed, agility and dynamic force like I have never heard before.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
When do you get it?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Wow that was quick!

Steve Williams

Yeah...pretty quick. Lamm is that good in my system. Lamm provides some serious wallop to the sound.

The ML3 is all of 32 watts Pure Class A but the punch and believability will truly dazzle you

Ian you should have a second listen

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations Christian!

I am sure you will love it!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

:D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing