Killer performance Joe!

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Not judging by a pair of sunglasses, certainly we are all above that silliness.
I have listened to all of his cd's and watched all the videos.
Like every thing else here its just my opinion.
He moves you, he doesn't move me.
We are entitled to our opinions and that is mine.
You have yours and I respect that.
Thats the nature of music.

I respect your taste in music. But saying he's a prick is 100% inaccurate. Probably one of the nicest guys in the business.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I respect your taste in music. But saying he's a prick is 100% inaccurate. Probably one of the nicest guys in the business.

He didn't say that. He said he "looked" like one. I personally wouldn't have used that word myself though.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
He didn't say that. He said he "looked" like one. I personally wouldn't have used that word myself though.

Yeah but I suppose you can say the same about guys with flat brimmed hats. But it's simply not true in some cases :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Yeah but I suppose you can say the same about guys with flat brimmed hats. But it's simply not true in some cases :)
The bottom line is the music and how it's performed. We all like some and don't like others. Some music moves us, other music leaves us cold.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
personally I'f I'm going to bash guitar playing, I'd target something more like this:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This is playing with emotion and feeling. Nothing mechanical about it.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Who has the DSD MFSL version of Couldn't stand the weather? Stunning! Especially Tin Pan Alley!!

SRV.jpg

Although the DSD MFSL version of The Sky is Crying, is equally as stunning!!

SRV2.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I have it...listening to TPA right now!

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I have all the following SRV albums in DSD.

Couldn't Stand the Weather
In Step
Texas Flood
Soul to Soul

Are they the MFSL DSD's? There's 2 versions.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Are there 2 different MFSL versions?

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
What's everyone's favorite version of Tin pan alley? The version from the Texas Flood Vinyl, or The version off of Couldn't stand the weather MFSL DSD?

SRV.jpg SRV 3.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing