Killer performance Joe!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
JB has great skill, but he lacks feeling.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
He has the chops ...

"When I heard Kossoff playing "Mr. Big" and when I heard Clapton playing "Crossroads" and when I heard Rory Gallagher playing "Cradle Rock", I was like, 'This is way cooler'.... "British blues are my thing. When I heard Rod Stewart and the Jeff Beck Group singing "Let Me Love You", it changed my life. I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Those are my influences".

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
He has the chops ...

"When I heard Kossoff playing "Mr. Big" and when I heard Clapton playing "Crossroads" and when I heard Rory Gallagher playing "Cradle Rock", I was like, 'This is way cooler'.... "British blues are my thing. When I heard Rod Stewart and the Jeff Beck Group singing "Let Me Love You", it changed my life. I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Those are my influences".

Killer performance!

I have that bluray. Never gets old!

Now here's an Xmas present for a blues guitar lover!

http://www.amazon.com/Bonamassa-Live-Royal-Albert-Blu-ray/dp/B00417HV14

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Lacks feeling? Seriously? Watch this. Lots of feeling going on here.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SbUCUjsZm9E

To me, and please take that not as an insult or a lack of respect, JB doesn't invoke a sense of feeling in his playing. I sense it's all too scripted and planned without deviation from it. I don't feel emotionally involved by his playing. Sorry, but that's just the way I feel.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Jack Bruce: the Great Vocals of "CREAM"

Johnny Vinyl: I do not pass judgement in anyway on this statement of yours. But, I do have a question. What is your take on the fact that the Great Vocals of "CREAM" are continually attributed to Eric Clapton, but the Great Vocals of "CREAM" are sung by Jack Bruce?
zz.

To me, and please take that not as an insult or a lack of respect, JB doesn't invoke a sense of feeling in his playing. I sense it's all too scripted and planned without deviation from it. I don't feel emotionally involved by his playing. Sorry, but that's just the way I feel.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

That's because you're watching the big shows that are being filmed for blurays. Perhaps you need to see him at a small venue.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Kt7UWgZHBDM

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina

Johnny have you ever seen Joe in concert?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
He has the chops ...

I always get a kick out of someone who has arrived but still full of respect for their teachers and influencers. Thanks for posting it.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Johnny Vinyl: I do not pass judgement in anyway on this statement of yours. But, I do have a question. What is your take on the fact that the Great Vocals of "CREAM" are continually attributed to Eric Clapton, but the Great Vocals of "CREAM" are sung by Jack Bruce?
zz.

I'm not getting the connection of your example to JB's playing style. It would make for an interesting thread however, although I would assume since EC was God that the entire focus of Cream was placed in his lap. Unless someone is/was/were intimately familiar with their output, most people probably couldn't tell the difference.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Number 1 blues guitarist going and has been for years ... by a country mile. I've seen him in concert 4 times now. I put him in the same category as Santana when it comes to a live show: you'd have to go out of your way to not have a great time. He plays traditional blues, contemporary blues, blues-rock, electric and acoustic. He shows up for each concert with about 20 different guitars and switches from one to another for each song, so each song has a different sound. This is to state nothing of his contributions to Black Country Communion and Rock Candy Funk Party. There's a great video somewhere on line where he's playing with Tull. This dude can do it all.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I seem to be the one descending voice here.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
I'm not getting the connection of your example to JB's playing style. It would make for an interesting thread however, although I would assume since EC was God that the entire focus of Cream was placed in his lap. Unless someone is/was/were intimately familiar with their output, most people probably couldn't tell the difference.

Just a qestion; no connection to JB.
Any YouTube video of CREAM performing would show the difference to people without being "familiar with their output"
zz.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just a qestion; no connection to JB.
Any YouTube video of CREAM performing would show the difference to people without being "familiar with their output"
zz.
The video would for sure.....I was only talking about the albums themselves.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing