Killer performance Joe!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Johnny we are going to slowly bring you over to our side :)
Anything is possible....took me 5 DECADES to finally get into Bob Dylan! :)

EDIT: It actually started about 10 years ago when I saw him at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto and tremendously enjoyed the show. I wasn't a fan yet, but he's such a music legend that I didn't want to miss the opportunity.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Just finished watching this. Man that was an amazing and electrifying performance! The drummer was good too. Was he hitting the sticks at his head toward the end or together???

Yes killer performance!! I think he was just putting them by his head while kicking the drums.

How do you post youtube links so the video shows instead of text link?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
So what is the definitive album of his? Amazon says this is best selling:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
So what is the definitive album of his? Amazon says this is best selling:

My favorite studio album is "Blues Deluxe"

Tidal:

https://listen.tidal.com/album/5173419

Download:

http://www.hdtracks.com/blues-deluxe-262045

But for live bluray's, they are all great. Grab them all!

Maybe start with "Live from the Royal Albert Hall"

http://shop.jbonamassa.com/collections/bluray/products/rahbluray

Following him on Facebook is a real treat as well. He's constantly testing guitars, and amps with blazing solo's. He's all about his fans, and an incredible guy!

https://www.facebook.com/JoeBonamassa/videos/10153765390329659/?theater

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
(VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FhCilozomo[/VIDEO)

use these brackets[] or hit the supplied button to insert video.

Thanks!

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I knew you couldn't be such a bad guy Mike!:D:D

I use the song Blues Deluxe from that album as one of my audio evaluation tracks. Has some weird phase things going on that most DACs can't get right.

Sure sounds right resampled to DSD 256 via Tidal/Roon/HQplayer/Superstream to my chipless DSD DAC!

Screenshot (13).jpg

The HDTracks download even better though. As Roon says, the Tidal source was lossy AAC:

Screenshot (15).jpg

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I am with Johnny V on this one!
JB has got it all, the chops,the speed, fantastic bands, but he doesn't move me.
I was head over heels for JB for about 2 weeks and then just meh...

But then again our God is SRV! :)

That and JB (pardon me for sayin) just looks like a prick on stage, have a hard time watching him.
No discounting his talent though, he is blessed.
This of course is just my humble opinion.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
JB has got it all, the chops,the speed, fantastic bands, but he doesn't move me.

That and JB (pardon me for sayin) just looks like a prick on stage, have a hard time watching him.

He's the furthest thing from a prick. Don't judge a guy from his sunglasses. He's not blessed just has worked his ass off since he was 4 years old.

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
I hear what you are saying. Do you think we will ever be blessed with another great talent like SRV?

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Not judging by a pair of sunglasses, certainly we are all above that silliness.
I have listened to all of his cd's and watched all the videos.
Like every thing else here its just my opinion.
He moves you, he doesn't move me.
We are entitled to our opinions and that is mine.
You have yours and I respect that.
Thats the nature of music.

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
I am a fan of JB. I was a fan of SRV first. I can see JB live and will never have the chance to see SRV. I appreciate the hard work and dedication JB puts into his music.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I am a fan of JB. I was a fan of SRV first. I can see JB live and will never have the chance to see SRV. I appreciate the hard work and dedication JB puts into his music.

That would be fair and just statement and if JB has JB kicking the skins I will watch.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing