Killer performance Joe!

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Just pulled my AP boxed set out and Tin Pan Alley is only on Couldn't Stand the Weather.

This is why I posted the screen shots. I have a rare version ripped from vinyl, and it's stunning! But so is the MFSL DSD version on Couldn't stand the weather. Hard to pick my favorite.

Vinyl rip of this:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/30th-anniversary-of-stevie-ray-vaughans-texas-flood-to-be-released/

Actually it's not even that version it's different. I got it from a friend a couple years ago, He said it was from super rare vinyl. It may be the same version of Tin pan alley, but not the same track list.

Edit: Found it:

http://www.amazon.ca/Texas-Flood-Vinyl-Stevie-Vaughan/dp/B001GJ31C8

Last edited:

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
Mike I see where this 30th anniversary edition was released on CD but not on LP. Please send me a link as I thought I had every SRV LP.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Mike I see where this 30th anniversary edition was released on CD but not on LP. Please send me a link as I thought I had every SRV LP.

Read my last post. I edited it. Buy it!! May not be any left soon!!

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
I see, it is an import pressing not an original release as I thought. I thought I was missing the holy grail of SRV LPs.

I did order the CD release from Amazon, thanks.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I see, it is an import pressing not an original release as I thought. I thought I was missing the holy grail of SRV LPs.

I did order the CD release from Amazon, thanks.

It still sounds awesome. And has the rare unreleased tracks on it. It's the vinyl to own!

Here it is here 180 gram audiophile pressing from Pure pleasure. Mastered from the original master tapes!

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/stevie-ray-vaughan-texas-flood-180-gram-vinyl-rock-lp.shtml

Read the review a guy left:

"This vinyl album is one of those that if you pass it up you will regret it. I purchase many audiophile grade vinyl records and this one is in my top 5 albums of many hundreds.

There is no background noise and Stevie's guitar feels like he is in your living room playing only too you. The soundstage is unbelievable wide.

I highly recommend it for your collection."

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Mike you are tarnishing your digital reputation with all this vinyl talk. ;)

Thanks for the link.

No problem. Whoever made the rip I have must of had 1 hell of a rig! That's all I can say! Only 24/96, but resampled to DSD 256 with HQplayer, and played through my DSD DAC is outstanding!

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
No question. Couldn't Stand the Weather version, no contest.

Yes but that's the official release. The other one was the out take. But I like it as well. What did you think of the sound?

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
I liked the fact it was recorded live but still like the studio version better. The audio quality is impeccable! Very well recorded too.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I liked the fact it was recorded live but still like the studio version better. The audio quality is impeccable! Very well recorded too.

Yeah if I had to only have 1 I would agree. But having both is even better!

Did your vinyl arrive? If so how does it compare to the digital?

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
JB has great skill, but he lacks feeling.

I'm late to this thread, but I totally agree with you John.
JB does very little for me....which is strange, because I am a big fan of blues players and his technique is very advanced. However, I agree that he lacks feeling...particularly if one looks at the great SRV or BB King or Albert King. IMHO, these guys are in a different league.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I'm late to this thread, but I totally agree with you John.
JB does very little for me....which is strange, because I am a big fan of blues players and his technique is very advanced. However, I agree that he lacks feeling...particularly if one looks at the great SRV or BB King or Albert King. IMHO, these guys are in a different league.

Must be your system. You must have a good digital setup :)

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Joe Bonamassa is better live than on the records, in part because I don't think most of the recordings are very good sounding. (The original issue of "Live from Nowhere..." isn't bad-- the three record set, I haven't heard the two record version). I went to hear Joe many times before he got as successful as he has. I don't think success has hurt him, but he seemed to move away from the blue-drenched repertoire to a much louder-- always at "11" hard rock thing. I preferred the shows when he mixed it up more between loud and soft. Agree he has killer chops and is to be commended for some of the charity and outreach he has done over the years, including work for the Blues Foundation. His shows have gotten more polished, and LOUDER! Even if he isn't playing what I necessarily want to hear, I'm glad of his success. It ain't easy, and the blues-- well, it seems to ebb and flow in popularity and few are able to turn it into a career. So, from a commercial standpoint, I don't take issue with the different directions he's taken.
If you like Joe, you should also check out a guy from Boston named Johnny A, again, live rather than the records, which don't capture his unique talents. He is also a monster player- mixing Wes Montgomery jazz licks with every rock and blues style in the book, and then some.
I have a video somewhere of Joe B. telling me to do right by a young client-- the guy filmed it at a NAMM show some years ago.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Joe and Beth, you bet your hart.

? The things we do for love, the things we don't know yet, all the things inside the palms of our hands. - Bob

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Thanks Bob. Beth yells better and has better tat's then Adele. No question about it. Just my own observation. Joe is good but he still is no Ronnie IMHO.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing