Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thanks

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Sorry, it worked when I first posted it. Not sure how it wound up private.

Reactions: Al M.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
@Lee Did you tell John DeVore that you were posting this here? How about OCD Mickey? This likely is going to turn into a s_ _ t show

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
I unsubscribed from OCD mikey’s you tube channel way back. I dont find his content balanced. He is generally condescending and portrays as if he is doing everyone a favour without any vested interest. This is just my view. I saw the video and if it’s true, am not surprised at all……..well there could be many others out there as well.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
@Lee Did you tell John DeVore that you were posting this here? How about OCD Mickey? This likely is going to turn into a s_ _ t show

I did not talk to either yet but it’s in the public domain at this point.

We have not heard Mike’s side of the story so hopefully he responds with a video of his own.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
This is one corrupt and greedy industry. The YouTube influencers are now becoming the mouthpiece of manufacturers who offer them all expenses paid factory tour visits and discounted, loaner, and free products.

For the most parts, I now get all my equipment custom made by honest builders.

Don’t get swindled! If you are smart enough to have earned the money to buy these outrageously priced products then don’t be dumb enough to give it away for overpriced shiny boxes that don’t deliver on sound.

Reactions: Lagonda and cjfrbw

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Would have been my answer too.

Reactions: lordcloud and Lee

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
The YouTube influencers are now becoming the mouthpiece of manufacturers who offer them all expenses paid factory tour visits and discounted, loaner, and free products.

Don't blame manufacturers who also do the same for non-YouTube promoters and dealers.

YouTube influencers are only influencers to the fools who watch them. There have always been pitchmen and hucksters along with those who fall for them.

Republicoftexas69

Thanks for posting. Interesting situation, I am sure Mike will post a retort.

Reactions: Lee

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee

There are a lot of things in the public domain. Is there a point to stirring this particular pot, or is it because of the individual , OCD Mikey, being involved?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
There are a lot of things in the public domain. Is there a point to stirring this particular pot, or is it because of the individual , OCD Mikey, being involved?

I don’t understand why you are angry about this. We talk about controversies in the forum all the time. What is your real concern here?

I would like to hear Mike’s side of the story. He needs to tell us what happened.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
This is one corrupt and greedy industry.

This is a delusional and grotesque overstatement. One or two or even three rotten apples doesn't spoil the whole barrel.

Last edited:

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
This is a delusional and grotesque overstatement. One or two or even three rotten apples doesn't spoil the whole barrel.

What makes you think that it is only three rotten apples out of the barrel? Have you ever worked on electronics development and manufacturing? I have done both military and aerospace, for NASA, design development and manufacturing of limited & small batch run electronics and can assure you that the retail cost of high-end products is not inline with their development and production costs.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What makes you think that it is only three rotten apples out of the barrel? Have you ever worked on electronics development and manufacturing? I have done both military and aerospace, for NASA, design development and manufacturing of limited & small batch run electronics and can assure you that the retail cost of high-end products is not inline with their development and production costs.

Thank you for explaining why we all know so many high-end audio manufacturers who collect exotic cars, fly private and amass portfolios of real estate.

Apologies to the membership for this sarcastic comment which I recognize is unbecoming.

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Thank you for explaining why we all know so many high-end audio manufacturers who collect exotic cars, fly private and amass portfolios of real estate.

Apologies to the membership for this sarcastic comment which I recognize is unbecoming.

Since you are such an analog guy, look into the development and production costs of cartridges for example and compare them to the cost of development and production of magnetometers for precision guided electronics, including in weapons systems, with exotic magnetic cores and materials. I would joke with my engineers that building cartridges for the audiophile industry would have been a lot more lucrative. Should we discuss the development and production cost of audiophile cables?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing