Jadis JS1 MK V vs Lampizator Pacfic. Anyone compared this two dacs?

jpetek

Feb 12, 2013
Has anyone ever compared the two DACS? Or instead of the Lampizator another Dac?

BR

Josef

VerdantAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2020
I have the JS1 MKV here and have compared it to the Rockna Wavedream Signature XLR, dCS Rossini w/ Clock and the Playback Designs Edelweiss and Dream DACs along with a bunch of others that are not in the same league. I have not had a Lampizator product in my system.

The Jadis is quite competitive with them. It is more musical and dynamic and maybe a little less accurate than the Playback and dCS products. The Dream is a hair warmer than the Jadis while the Jadis is a hair warmer than the Rossini or the Wavedream.

I would say that it is close to the others in terms of absolute detail. The Jadis is more detailed than say a Bricastis M1 SE or M21 but less detailed than these others. There is a dynamism to the sound that is just incredibly engaging that the others lack. It is an awesome DAC and one I wish was easier to fit into my rack. I am going to hook it up with my new Oladra server to put it through its paces with an even better source than I had previously.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Hi VA,
I've owned 2 versions of the JS-1--the original and the MkII both of which were Jerry Ozment (RIP)designs and Bitstream.
I was curious if the current MkV has "moved on" from this basic configuration which according to the pundits should not have sounded as good as it did.;)
I thought the sonics and presentation were excellent.

BruceD

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Jadis is not bad for the money, but it was not competition to Pacific, we made a comnparasion test during the christmas

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing