Identification of members

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
So I just made a post on another thread 2 hours ago. And since, my post has been deleted from my content and the entire thread was taken down. Who made that decision and will I receive an explanation?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
So I just made a post on another thread 2 hours ago. And since, my post has been deleted from my content and the entire thread was taken down. Who made that decision and will I receive an explanation?
You will receive compensation.

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

What thread and what did you write? Was it the thread Elliot started about Jay's video? I can't find that now. Can't find my post on that thread either. No explanation is necessary. I would not expect one.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, a forum starts off by its members, for its members.
It then changes into one where commercial interests take up a lion's share.
Now commercial interests want the members to conform to their requests.
And whole threads where arguments ensue are taken down.
Yep, that's the prescription to keep the members happy.

Reactions: XV-1 and Lagonda

NC Lee

Oct 23, 2014
NC
As a long time member and one that was told that I did have to identify myself and what my business affliations were I think that all members should use their real names and have to post their real systems if they want to be allowed to post. I personally find way to many that act like experts and yet they have no credentials published or non published.
Your thoughts?
The internet is full of fakers, phonies and BS artistsand I believe that this forum should be a "real" place. Why not make WBF a shinning example of what the internet could truly be!
Ok now come get me :)
1680791275168.png

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
ha glad this seems like a joke. so this forum is operated like in a communist state? content wiped at a click of a button? “no explanation is necessary”? wtf. what did i say that went against any rule? and how am I or anyone else to know what the rules are?

When you joined you confirmed that you read the terms of service. Here is a link to refresh your memory.

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
thanks. reread. so which term did i violate?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I believe the member that started a thread can ask to have it removed. I don't know what surrounds all that.

But come on, Jays Audio lab was getting a bum rap. Of course he used his financial power to sway the content here. o_O o_O o_O

• Haha
Reactions: PeterA and Lagonda

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
So will there be an explanation why Elliot's thread was removed?

In this particular case there were many reported posts, most of them due to comments which violated the TOS and were off topic. We temporarily closed the thread so we can remove posts which violated the TOS. Since we all have day jobs it can take up to a day to do this. We will clean things up and then post to the thread to help get it back on topic.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I believe the member that started a thread can ask to have it removed. I don't know what surrounds all that.

But come on, Jays Audio lab was getting a bum rap. Of course he used his financial power to sway the content here. o_O o_O o_O
I did not ask for anything from anyone and awoke today with text messages asking me what happened. I have no idea.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
So, a forum starts off by its members, for its members.
It then changes into one where commercial interests take up a lion's share.
Now commercial interests want the members to conform to their requests.
And whole threads where arguments ensue are taken down.
Yep, that's the prescription to keep the members happy.
I just had a post removed too ! :) Finally ! I was afraid i had lost my touch !;)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Why would a member’s content be deleted if he did not violate the rules regulations in terms of service? I think someone retains the right to remove content but it seems an opaque action.

Who said their content was deleted and didn’t violate the TOS? What are you talking about?

Reactions: adyc

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
In this particular case there were many reported posts, most of them due to comments which violated the TOS and were off topic. We temporarily closed the thread so we can remove posts which violated the TOS. Since we all have day jobs it can take up to a day to do this. We will clean things up and then post to the thread to help get it back on topic.

Are off-topic posts deemed such by the monitors and then deleted? I wasn’t aware that being off topic was a violation of the terms of service?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Are off-topic posts deemed such by the monitors and then deleted? I wasn’t aware that being off topic was a violation of the terms of service?

Again, Peter, I don’t know what you are saying. Where did anyone say posts were removed for being off topic?

Reactions: adyc

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Again, Peter, I don’t know what you are saying. Where did anyone say posts were removed for being off topic?

From one of the monitors:

“In this particular case there were many reported posts, most of them due to comments which violated the TOS and were off topic. We temporarily closed the thread so we can remove posts which violated the TOS. Since we all have day jobs it can take up to a day to do this. We will clean things up and then post to the thread to help get it back on topic.”

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing