Identification of members

If you want compliance, Steve, you need to make it easy for the TOS to be found.

The only thing that I knew about the TOS is that discussions about religion and politics are not allowed, since we have been constantly made aware of that fact during moderation. It's a good policy by the way, I have to admit.

Fortunately the administrators and moderators take the TOS lightly and with reasonable good sense. If the TOS was strictly applied by a fundamentalist moderation team WBF would vanish in little time ...

Please keep the link at the bottom! :)

Peter, I am going to ignore the rest of your questions as I feel they have been answered

It's called scrolling Al ;) As I said my 9yo grandson found the TOS in under a minute

This is getting silly, Steve. Do you really scroll down to the bottom of each web page that you open?

Of course you don't, there is usually no reason to.

And again, even if you were to scrioll down on WBF, the "Terms and Rules" button is in small print. It's not even under "Quick Navigation" but really at the bottom.

Good job burying it.

This is getting silly, Steve. Do you really scroll down to the bottom of each web page that you open?

Of course you don't, there is usually no reason to.

And again, even if you were to scrioll down on WBF, the "Terms and Rules" button is in small print. It's not even under "Quick Navigation" but really at the bottom.
Sorry Al but IMO it is you who are being silly. I have answered all of your questions as well Al so any further will be ignored

Reactions: adyc
Fortunately the administrators and moderators take the TOS lightly and with reasonable good sense. If the TOS was strictly applied by a fundamentalist moderation team WBF would vanish in little time ...

True.

Sorry Al but IMO it is you who are being silly. I have answered all of your questions as well Al so any further will be ignored

Whatever, Steve. It's your choice.

Whatever, Steve. It's your choice.
IMO it's pretty simple Al. Once again Al can you acknowledge that the TOS are sitting directly above this thread in which you are posting.

IMO it's pretty simple Al. Once again Al can you acknowledge that the TOS are sitting directly above this thread in which you are posting.

That's what I see, Steve, see below. It doesn't even spell out Terms of Service in full, but says "and Terms O..."

What an eye catcher:

Untitled.png

BTW Al I have also failed to mention our Search Function

If you go to the Search function at the top right and search by title only and enter Terms of Service it comes up quicker than what my grandson did. I really don't know what else to say. If it is difficult to scroll you obviously have not used our search function. but you're right this IS getting silly

That's what I see, Steve, see below. It doesn't even spell out Terms of Service in full, but says "and Terms O..."

What an eye catcher:

View attachment 106906
I see you really didn't do what I told you. You are posting in a thread which is in the same subforum as our TOS. If you go into that subforum you will see this

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 1.54.05 PM.png

I see you really didn't do what I told you. You are posting in a thread which is in the same subforum as our TOS. If you go into that subforum you will see this

View attachment 106907

Not sure I follow.

I always look under "New Posts". I usually don't look under which subforum a thread is.

Not sure I follow.

I always look under "New Posts". I usually don't look under which subforum a thread is.
Then all I can say is use the SEARCH function and search by titles only and enter the words Terms of Service. It appears as soon as you click enter. I’m done. It’s just too simple

This is what I get. No direct link to the thread "Terms of Service" (scrolling down further in the search doesn't change anything). But at least now that the forum title has changed to "Announcements, Suggestion Box and Terms of Service" it comes up that way. Progress!

Untitled.png

This is what I get. No direct link to the thread "Terms of Service" (scrolling down further in the search doesn't change anything). But at least now that the forum title has changed to "Announcements, Suggestion Box and Terms of Service" it comes up that way. Progress!

View attachment 106908

Google returns it in two seconds (first search entry) :
a1.jpg

Reactions: Al M.
Google returns it in two seconds:
View attachment 106909

Good. No surprise there.

Google is a much better search engine than almost anything else, including Amazon.

Whenever I want a product from Amazon, lets call it productX, I google "productX amazon". Much better and more reliable that to search for "productX" in the Amazon search window.

The latter is frequently hopeless, it gives all kind of nonsense that I am not looking for. And Amazon is supposed to be one of the best websites on the planet...

Once I am on the desired product page on Amazon, however, further looking up related things there is a breeze.

Great update, bringing it to the top. Thank you!

Untitled.png

Is there an easy way to idendify a commercial dealer / distributor?

Is it as simple as seeing "Industry Expert" below their name?

Therefore all other members are just audiophiles that do not have commercial relationships?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rensselaer
I am also still looking for clarification about #1 which states WBF does not control what people post.

As we have discussed many times WBF does not "control what people post." For some reason I truly don't understand you choose to characterize the moderation panel's enforcement of the Terms of Service as controlling what people post.

This is a mischaracterization of how the WBF moderation panel operates.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing