Identification of members

Scott Naylor

Mar 19, 2021
Is there an easy way to idendify a commercial dealer / distributor?

Is it as simple as seeing "Industry Expert" below their name?

Therefore all other members are just audiophiles that do not have commercial relationships?
“Ay, there's the rub!“ - W. Shakespeare, 1604

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
As we have discussed many times WBF does not "control what people post." For some reason I truly don't understand you choose to characterize the moderation panel's enforcement of the Terms of Service as controlling what people post.

This is a mischaracterization of how the WBF moderation panel operates.

I explained what I meant and it is not what you are describing. Someone other than the three moderators DELETED ddk’s signature without his consent or notification. How is that not controlling what members write?

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Someone other than the three moderators DELETED ddk’s signature without his consent or notification. How is that not controlling what members write?

Because those words do not mean or describe the action to wish you refer.

Deleting a signature after a member announces his withdrawal from the forum simply does not have the same meaning as controlling what members write.

Last edited:
Reactions: adyc and Rensselaer

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Because those words do not mean or describe the action to wish you refer.

Deleting a signature after a member announces his withdrawal from the forum simply does not have the same meaning as controlling what members write.

Then call it 'controlling content.' The net of changing what someone else wrote and posted is the same.

Thinking that someone with administrative power would admit to doing such if it is not in their self interest is fruitless thinking. And pointless. The owners are the owners and can do anything they want. The terms of service are the public front to a control mechanism but really only a convenience. The owners don't need to justify anything they do. This is not a public service utility. If you don't like that, it's hard cheese. This discussion is silly.

Reactions: msimanyi

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021
I explained what I meant and it is not what you are describing. Someone other than the three moderators DELETED ddk’s signature without his consent or notification. How is that not controlling what members write?
I recall when I added a video of my system playing the same Louis Armstrong song that you played on your “Natural Sound” thread, simply to get your advice on what I should concentrate my efforts towards to get the “natural sound” that you had, you reacted with anger telling me that I was hijacking your thread, to get off of it and post my own.

Now here you have completely hijacked this thread from what was originally posted. I used to follow your postings with admiration, even writing to you directly for your opinion on things, but no longer hypocrite.

Reactions: adyc and MagnusG

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I recall when I added a video of my system playing the same Louis Armstrong song that you played on your “Natural Sound” thread, simply to get your advice on what I should concentrate my efforts towards to get the “natural sound” that you had, you reacted with anger telling me that I was hijacking your thread, to get off of it and post my own.

Now here you have completely hijacked this thread from what was originally posted. I used to follow your postings with admiration, even writing to you directly for your opinion on things, but no longer hypocrite.

Mark I asked you to begin your own thread to discuss how to improve your system and move your video there. You told me you understand and apologized to me. I did not want to suggest changes to your wires and cords and speaker positioning in a thread about my system. It was as simple as that. We went to private messaging and I offered advice that you ignored. That is fine, but it had no place in my system thread and you agreed at the time. You then opened the discussion to a bunch of other people and I presume you got a lot of advice about how to improve your system from them.

I agree that when it comes to system threads I am hypocritical. And I suppose an April Fool.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Is there an easy way to idendify a commercial dealer / distributor?

Is it as simple as seeing "Industry Expert" below their name?

Therefore all other members are just audiophiles that do not have commercial relationships?
Yes, i wish ! :rolleyes: A scarlet letter maybe ?;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
WBF is welcome to my "epiphanies" thread. No-one else would be fool enough to publish it, lol. Imagine being unaware of TOS meant you were unaware you couldn't shut it all down.
No wonder certain ex-members threw their toys out of the pram and flounced off into the night.

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
WBF is welcome to my "epiphanies" thread.

many of us, Lagonda and myself included copied it and pasted on other forums under our names to gain credibility

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
many of us, Lagonda and myself included copied it and pasted on other forums under our names to gain credibility
Yes, i changed the title to " Tweaks and Tribulations ! Is there a tweak i do not like ? " ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Mike actually read my rim drive recommendation on another forum, thought it was Ked and not Marc, and bought the Esoteric. Little did he know he was reading Marc’s essay. All credit to you on this auspicious day Marc

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike actually read my rim drive recommendation on another forum, thought it was Ked and not Marc, and bought the Esoteric.
if i thought it was Ked, i'd have a Vyger here. but it would not be fully working yet. Giuseppe would be in route. of course; all would be perfect in the end.
Little did he know he was reading Marc’s essay. All credit to you on this auspicious day Marc
i knew it was Marc all along, and got my rim drive accordingly.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
it is a slow sleepy Saturday, and April Fool's Day to boot.

so some Ked/Marc sillyness is entirely appropriate.....and appreciated.

promise it will only be annually on this date not otherwise

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
WBF is welcome to my "epiphanies" thread. No-one else would be fool enough to publish it, lol. Imagine being unaware of TOS meant you were unaware you couldn't shut it all down.
No wonder certain ex-members threw their toys out of the pram and flounced off into the night.

I reckon they all went to you tube .
At least you can make a couple of bucks of the content yourself :p

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
If revealing your potential conflict of is to great a burden in exchange for free exposure o f your products,I for one say good riddance.
Feel free to break your crayons and go home

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I reckon they all went to you tube .
At least you can make a couple of bucks of the content yourself :p
If people are worried about getting a suspension or being muted on WBF for posting misinformation, wait until they see what happens when they post it on You Tube.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
If people are worried about getting a suspension or being muted on WBF for posting misinformation, wait until they see what happens when they post it on You Tube.

Lol , Thats the whole problem with high end audio , it took me about 5-7 years to sift through all the miss information .
I ll think i ll rather go for Chat Gpt these days , if i need advice

Reactions: jeff1225

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
In a hobby as subjective as this how do you draw the line between Industry Experts and people who are FOS. I have encountered so called Industry Experts that were the worst offenders as far as being FOS. They used there status to spread pure crap in audio forums that suported their own narrow points of view. The only defense is to educate yourself.

Rob :)

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Dealers and 'experts' rumble and roll in the dirt with each other as much as the plebs. They are in commercial competition with each other, after all. Who is going to reimburse for real names when somebody comes home and finds their audio room cleaned out, or some internet nut spray painted their door?

It's doxxing, and the perils on the internet are manifest and documented. Next step: look up and publish the person, their occupation, their arrest record, their hospital records etc. etc. Establish an 'audio social credit score' based on identity and credit report? One man's indoctrination opportunity is another man's mental poison.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing