I just suffered through the worst Charley Horse of my life......

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
It can be a sign of other medical problems but it is very commonly the only symptom that people have. Non medical regimens might be a good place to start with things like mild exercise/massage/stretching prior to sleep, avoiding dehydration, untucking the sheets at the bottom of the bed. If these kind of things fail then see your doctor who might have other ideas.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's been several days and the swelling and pain have not subsided one iota. Plus I now have some bruising on the top part of my calf, just below the back of the knee. I'm going back to the Hospital...I need some more answers.

danielk141

Mar 13, 2012
I had severe charlie horses only in my left calf, usually in the A.M., during the hottest months of the year, here in Phoenix.
I'd wake up with a knot in my calf, so tight I could not get up and walk on it.
I've stopped having this problem in the last 2 years. I believe 2 changes made the difference.
1. I stopped drinking any bottled water. - There are too many minerals removed from most bottled water, I consider that a negative.
2. I started drinking coconut water. I always ate bananas, adding coconut water increased my potassium level, I believe to the level needed.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Magnesium…preferably in multi mineral chelated or ionic form…

Miraculous magnesium supplement is also good to take. Magnesium is also related to heart health

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Wisnon is right in this. Hair is the way to get sample over a period of time. Blood is that moment. And of it is minerals it can affect your heart. Beyond that if at sleep it could be spasms caused by your body not shutting movements when in deep sleep. What ever it is i would seek a real cause and not just your all ok and go home . I assumed you have googled this situation as the answers are not always a cure but usually you get a feel for how critical the problem could be.

Al

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thought I'd let you know how things went and are going. I was on crutches for 4 weeks and off work for 6. I have been faithfully eating one banana per day and I take both a Potassium and Magnesium supplement. I have had no recurring incidents at all and I'm back to being 100%.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
God speed to you. I had the hives twice in my life. First time going through a divorce and all the rest with the kids. The second time all is fine and I have the hives era curing daily for months. Reading all I could get from the net . I had been to 5 dr s all the tests. The last dr said it's insect bits , now the hives were accompanied with large lumps that would stay for days. Now forget about ointments and such for the itching. But at the end it was bug bites I had BED BUGS. Anyway the point is sometimes the cause is not related to what is bothering you at the time . Good luck.

Al

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
God speed to you. I had the hives twice in my life. First time going through a divorce and all the rest with the kids. The second time all is fine and I have the hives era curing daily for months. Reading all I could get from the net . I had been to 5 dr s all the tests. The last dr said it's insect bits , now the hives were accompanied with large lumps that would stay for days. Now forget about ointments and such for the itching. But at the end it was bug bites I had BED BUGS. Anyway the point is sometimes the cause is not related to what is bothering you at the time . Good luck.

Al

I can't believe I'm reading this.......I'm in the middle of trying to get rid of these little bastards. I have no idea how they got infested into my apartment, but they are nasty little creatures. I haven't mentioned it to anyone as I'm embarrassed to say I have them, but I know it's not from an unclean environment. I dumped my mattress and my bedroom set as I didn't want to take any chances and I'm pretty paranoid about it all. How did you get rid of them?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I can tell you how but you,must do it without stoping or feeling your done until you really are.

If you need help pm me I know all about those bugs now. And flies too same thing in many ways.

Al

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I can tell you how but you,must do it without stoping or feeling your done until you really are.

If you need help pm me I know all about those bugs now. And flies too same thing in many ways.

Al

PM coming!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing