Going all in on Shunyata PCs

taters

Jun 6, 2012
No disrespect to owners of these cables and other uber priced ones, but why the Hell aren't they "cooked" before they go out to customers? At $x'000s, that's the LEAST I'd expect if I was going to shell out such an outlay. I'm investigating Sablon cables, which at $500-$1500 each are ALL totally "cooked" before dispatch. If they can be at this price level, why not insanely priced ones? This fact alone is enough to put me off investigating these and other similar makes, even if I had the $s.
Would any of you be happy to book into a Five Star hotel and find you had to fit the sheets on your bed, and do the laundry.
And we all wonder at and bemoan the fate of the high end!

I know Shunyata gets a lot of respect in the audiophile community. I'm sure if you talked to Mr. Denney of Synergistic Research he would tell you why his system is better. If you want to get the opposite side to the story talk to Pierre at Mapleshade. Pierre is probably the most educated of the 3. You might not like what he has to say.

Revel Salon 2

Mar 10, 2011
Sherbrooke, Quebec Canada
I know Shunyata gets a lot of respect in the audiophile community. I'm sure if you talked to Mr. Denney of Synergistic Research he would tell you why his system is better. If you want to get the opposite side to the story talk to Pierre at Mapleshade. Pierre is probably the most educated of the 3. You might not like what he has to say.

You're alluding to Shunyata or Synergistic Research in regard to 'Pierre' side of the story?

Thanks

Guy;-)

taters

Jun 6, 2012
You're alluding to Shunyata or Synergistic Research in regard to 'Pierre' side of the story?

Thanks

Guy;-)

I'm just saying if you talk to Pierre about this stuff he will explain it in layman's terms so you will understand what he is saying. People on this website seem to have a lot of technical knowledge. I can follow some of the stuff but not all off it.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Agreed. I have 6 in my system. You're not close to complete break in yet. Guido is spot on.

Hi Frank - I see you now have put in your signature the HRS M3 Rack which I recall you were trialing/auditioning. Do you have any bullets you can share on them? Thanks...very curious. I have listened to a few systems that use them, and have just agreed to swap out an old HRS damping plate for the newer double-thickness one with the distributor. I really like HRS and use them quite a bit up to their M3 shelves...but never properly auditioned the big Racks. Thanks for any insights!!!

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Hi Frank - I see you now have put in your signature the HRS M3 Rack which I recall you were trialing/auditioning. Do you have any bullets you can share on them? Thanks...very curious. I have listened to a few systems that use them, and have just agreed to swap out an old HRS damping plate for the newer double-thickness one with the distributor. I really like HRS and use them quite a bit up to their M3 shelves...but never properly auditioned the big Racks. Thanks for any insights!!!

Hi Lloyd, unfortunately I had to leave town suddenly last week the day the HRS rack was to be delivered. Plus, the morning of the day I was leaving, I noticed a strong burning smell coming from one of my XS300 amplifiers. I should be back home by Friday to take delivery of the rack but I'm afraid I'll have to deal with sending one of my amps back to Pass for repair. I'll be happy to give my opinion of the HRS rack once I've spent some time with it. FYI, when I take delivery of the rack Friday, 24 weeks will have passed since the day I ordered and paid in full for the custom unit. Not exactly the turn around I was expecting.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing