Euro Cup 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

Who Will Win Euro Cup 2012

• Total voters

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
The next Euro Cup 2016 in France will expand to 24 teams from the current 16, which is a little less than half of the teams in the UEFA.

I didn't know.
Probably that due to the fact that the European soccer has been leading the World scenario in the last ~10 years. Maybe they want to make the Euro cup a tournament that starts a little laid back, such as it occurs in the World cup...

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I didn't know.
Probably that due to the fact that the European soccer has been leading the World scenario in the last ~10 years. Maybe they want to make the Euro cup a tournament that starts a little laid back, such as it occurs in the World cup...

There is no doubt IMO that winning the European title is a harder feat to accomplish, but this expansion could change that. Not sure, we'll have to wait and see. One thing is for suree...being able to watch more games is a good thing!;):D

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Can you say SPAIN for a 4th consecutive Championship? It's entirely possible with this team and them winning the Under-21 as well. The talent seems never-ending.

Don't know...
I mean, Spain and Portugal have had some impressive Under-19 and Under-21 for ages, but Spain (only, not yet Portugal) arrived to lead the World just recently. Also, Brazil could be impressive and I'd bet they would get a spot in the final (ok, it's in 2 years, but they're trying to get ready).
Then, please remember that I'm Italian. I want Italy to beat Brazil in their World cup tournament, in a stadium with 200k Brazilian supporters. And the final is for 2 only, so there's no room for Spaniards ;)
Speaking seriously, Argentina and Uruguay may help Brazil to counter the European army...

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Don't know...
I mean, Spain and Portugal have had some impressive Under-19 and Under-21 for ages, but Spain (only, not yet Portugal) arrived to lead the World just recently. Also, Brazil could be impressive and I'd bet they would get a spot in the final (ok, it's in 2 years, but they're trying to get ready).
Then, please remember that I'm Italian. I want Italy to beat Brazil in their World cup tournament, in a stadium with 200k Brazilian supporters. And the final is for 2 only, so there's no room for Spaniards ;)
Speaking seriously, Argentina and Uruguay may help Brazil to counter the European army...

I like your optimism Valerio!:)
It could very well be an all South American Final, but I hope not. I want revenge over Argentina for our loss in the '78 Final, but that is really wishful thinking.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Well, as an Italian I wish some revenge over Argentina (semi-final, penalty shoot-out, FIFA Italy '90) and over Brazil (final, penalty shoot-out, FIFA USA '94)*.
So, I guess there's a line for revenges! ;)

*With regards to the final Brazil-Italy 4-1 in Mexico '70, I consider the Italy-Brazil 3-2 at the second round in Spain '82 adeguate as revenge.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I missed the first half, but I was a little dissapointed in the gulf between the two teams in the second half. I guess that this Spain team has great concentration, work rate, skill, and cohesion that makes them difficult to beat.

On a side note, did I see Baliotelli display some petulance at the end?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing