Euro Cup 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

Who Will Win Euro Cup 2012

• Total voters

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm not really down on the England side and, in fact, would love for them to do better. However they're like the Toronto Maple Leafs...promises, promises of a contender in the making, but year after year a constant letdown. I did see an upside for the team I have not witnessed for a long time and that is their defense. Here's hoping they can build on that.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Really, neither the English nor the Italians have appeared to play at the level of the other three semifinalists (or be able to play at that level, based on performance in the last 4 years or so)

I dare to disagree.
Portugal has been a huge disappointment to me, the match against the Czechs was anti-soccer.
I think that Italy, also, has demonstrated not to be that inferior to Spain.

With regards to the match Italy vs Germany, theoretically the Germans are way superior. Anyway, this match is THE European match, and everything can happen. At least, that's what history has demonstrated so far. :)

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I dare to disagree.
Portugal has been a huge disappointment to me, the match against the Czechs was anti-soccer.
I think that Italy, also, has demonstrated not to be that inferior to Spain.

With regards to the match Italy vs Germany, theoretically the Germans are way superior. Anyway, this match is THE European match, and everything can happen. At least, that's what history has demonstrated so far. :)

Well done!

Mario Balotelli scored two goals to lead Italy to a 2-1 win over Germany

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Well done!

Mario Balotelli scored two goals to lead Italy to a 2-1 win over Germany

Somehow traditions are difficult to break, and this was no exception.
Germany has never won over Italy in any official competition, ever. I was expecting them to win, instead...

Well done, Italy, proud of you.
Just disappointed for 2-3 shots that could had been easily goal. Hope not to do the same mistakes in the final, which is gonna be super-tough anyway. I could say that reaching a final is already above the Italian expectations, but now loosing may be painful anyway.
BTW, the German penalty was just ridiculous.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Congratulations to Italy!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I liked Italy in their last game, a lot! Mire vertical, great defensa and Pirlo playing his magic - I bet for Italy, maybe a tight win that could extend the games to penalties again. The two best goalkeepers are there today.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I liked Italy in their last game, a lot! Mire vertical, great defensa and Pirlo playing his magic - I bet for Italy, maybe a tight win that could extend the games to penalties again. The two best goalkeepers are there today.

Baliotelli could be difficult for Spain, as he is only matched in height and strength by Pique. I predict Ramos to have a few kicks at someone.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Baliotelli could be difficult for Spain, as he is only matched in height and strength by Pique. I predict Ramos to have a few kicks at someone.

You can pretty much count on that, so the tension might get explosive. I have no vested interest in either team, and I do think that Italy has a lot of momentum going into the Final. Balotelli has found his groove, Pirlo is an absolute rock and Gigi shows no signs of slowing down! I think this game is Italy's to win or lose. Having said that, I do hope in one way that Spain takes it, as it would be the first time in history we'll have team with 3 consecutive Championship wins....that would be an amazing feat!

Enjoy the game guys!:D

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
You can pretty much count on that, so the tension might get explosive. I have no vested interest in either team, and I do think that Italy has a lot of momentum going into the Final. Balotelli has found his groove, Pirlo is an absolute rock and Gigi shows no signs of slowing down! I think this game is Italy's to win or lose. Having said that, I do hope in one way that Spain takes it, as it would be the first time in history we'll have team with 3 consecutive Championship wins....that would be an amazing feat!

Enjoy the game guys!:D

I will ... I am going for Spain They look strong and in some ways anonymous .. They play with abandon and confidence

We'll see

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
What a sensational game! Wow

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
What a superlative performance by Spain! Congratulations. Viva España!:D

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Spain was the clear winner, they played great with the ball down at court-level, Casillas saved them two times and Cassano was not at his highest moments. Great game indeed!

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
After the shame of the FIFA 2010, Italy managed to re-gain the reputation of a competitive team in the world soccer scenario.
We started the tournament as outsiders and we ended with a final.

Spain played a perfect game, paralyzing the Italian offense... too bad it ended in such an embarrassing way for the Azzurri.

Italy, thanks anyway.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I hope the Italy coach stays, he changed the rather defensive way that Italy used to play in the past, they are now amazingly good, Pirlo is a genious!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Despite the loss, there is no question that Italy is once again a team to contend with. I wish I could say the same for my ORANJE...now there was an embarrassing exit!

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Prandelli is supposed to stay. Again, if someone asked any Italian about his predictions on this tournament a month ago, the answer would had been "out at the quarters of final in the best scenario" (ok, I bet on Italy in this poll, but just because to me was a non-sense to bet against my team...).

So, he did great. And, yes, he brought a game philosophy that is way closer to the Spanish one (keep ball possession, make lots of passes, be offensive) that I hadn't seen for ages in Italy.
He also managed to assemble a team with players from teams that currently are not even that competitive (in the recent years, the main Italian clubs have had little if no Italians!).

He's also a great philanthropist: after the death of his wife, due to breast cancer, he spent his money to build a school, named to his late wife, in Africa.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Despite the loss, there is no question that Italy is once again a team to contend with. I wish I could say the same for my ORANJE...now there was an embarrassing exit!

Netherlands surprised everyone with its performance.
Anyway, it's still one of the teams to fear. Next World Cup, with Brazil playing home, could be very exciting.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The next Euro Cup 2016 in France will expand to 24 teams from the current 16, which is a little less than half of the teams in the UEFA.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Netherlands surprised everyone with its performance.
Anyway, it's still one of the teams to fear. Next World Cup, with Brazil playing home, could be very exciting.

Can you say SPAIN for a 4th consecutive Championship? It's entirely possible with this team and them winning the Under-21 as well. The talent seems never-ending.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing