Euro Cup 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

Who Will Win Euro Cup 2012

• Total voters

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Definitely the Dutch performance is the negative surprise of the tournament.
Spain and Germany play good soccer and, IMHO, they're the favorites to the Cup. Russia may be an outsider making no little surprises. I wouldn't judge negatively neither England nor France: they played just once and they're good teams.

Anyway, as a supporter, but trying to be objective, I saw Italy playing it's best soccer in the past 4 years. Not mesmerizing at all, but honest, well structured soccer, which domesticated Spain. But they won't go to the quarter of finals... too bad...

You're right in that England, France and Sweden have their 2nd game yet ahead for tomorrow, but I honestly can't see England advancing. IMO their team is mediocre at best and Sweden has alwasy given them a hard time. For this very reason I can't see The Netherlands pulling off a miracle either, as Portugal has had their number for eternity.

I truly think that Russia has what it takes to get to the final, and I said this right from the start.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
So, Russia is surprisingly out...

Greece will meet Germany while the Czech Rep will play against one among Portugal, Denmark or Netherlands... I mean, Denmark could even lead their group, when beating Germany... let's say it's not that probable.
This is another of the groups (together with group C) where we may see what we Italians call "the biscuit": if the Dutchs were winning over Portugal, a draw between Germany and Denmark may promote those two teams. Germans would definitely prefer to avoid the risk of meeting again either Netherlands or Portugal, in a possible final, so... let's see!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm so pissed off right now it ain't funny. I don't have cable, so I ordered a PPV package over the Internet. I've not had a problem with any game, except this one. 28 interuptions of service so far......I've missed half the damned game because of this, and it's the best game I've seen so far. I stopped watching because my heart can't take it......last I looked a few minutes ago was a 1-1 draw.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The Dutch press is going to have a fieldday tomorrow! Screw the Greek election and all of the uncertainly in the Eurozone.....they're gonna be talking football! Not since 1980 have the Dutch been eliminated in the Group stages. An absolutely embarassing performance.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I watched all the lengthy highlights of the past week, on Saturday and Sunday - I have to say... some great, even thrilling games.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Spain won over France, but with that level of performance I am sure they will have a heck of a time with either Germany or England.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Sapin -Portugal is going to be very interesting. The last time they met was a friendly after the WC2010 and Portugal beat Spain 4-0. Now I don't place a lot of value in friendlies, but it's quite possible this is anyone match.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Sapin -Portugal is going to be very interesting. The last time they met was a friendly after the WC2010 and Portugal beat Spain 4-0. Now I don't place a lot of value in friendlies, but it's quite possible this is anyone match.

I think that Spain has the edge over Portugal. I haven't seen much of England or Italy, but from what I've seen it looks like Germany and Spain are the strongest. What do you think about Italy and England?

Please, God, don't let England win this tournie. ;)

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I think that Spain has the edge over Portugal. I haven't seen much of England or Italy, but from what I've seen it looks like Germany and Spain are the strongest. What do you think about Italy and England?

Please, God, don't let England win this tournie. ;)

This is a tough one IMO. If Italy scores first then England is done. I don't think England has the firepower or technique to thrust through or break the Italian defense, and Italy will most definitely go into protection mode after a goal. England has to score first to have any chance. This may go to extra time...

Italy 2-1

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Really, neither the English nor the Italians have appeared to play at the level of the other three semifinalists (or be able to play at that level, based on performance in the last 4 years or so)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Really, neither the English nor the Italians have appeared to play at the level of the other three semifinalists (or be able to play at that level, based on performance in the last 4 years or so)

I agree completely....Germany is the team to beat as I said from the outset. Spain is playing okay, but not to their full potential....they will beat either of these two playing right now though.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Very entertaining first half with some opportunities for both teams. Not sure if they'll maintain this pace in the next 45. I suspect both teams will be going into the next half with cautious optimism.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I have a bad feeling the Englind will win this.

Hart and Terry have been stalworth's in the English defense. Italy is getting too many chances though........

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Italy moved on, they deserved to win - Spain is a tad better than Portugal but Germany vs Italy is a hard bet.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I had high expectations onthe England team, but today they had an awfull game.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing