Dsd 128 to dsd 64 conversion how to ?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I need to convert my dsd 128 diff files to dsd 64 how can I do this ? Does audiogate perform this function.

I know it will convert PCM to dsd and dsd to PCM. But I need to go from dsd 128 directly to dsd 64 .

Al

elcorso

VIP/Donor
Nov 19, 2013
Rainforest
I need to convert my dsd 128 diff files to dsd 64 how can I do this ? Does audiogate perform this function.

I know it will convert PCM to dsd and dsd to PCM. But I need to go from dsd 128 directly to dsd 64 .

Al

Yes, It will, and both sides: 64 -> 128 & 128 -> 64. If you choose DSF you can add art to the tracks.

Roch

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Thanks so much.
I have the msb stack and UMT plus will not play dsd128 until there firmware update comes out and I do not want to use jriver and the USB . Thanks
Al

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Did you get the UMT Plus to play DSD at all?
The more I play with the Oppo (inside the UMT Plus), the more I appreciate my Mac... This whole UPNP thing is madness...

Alexandre

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Yes it ays 64 bit fine
I use my iPad as the interface and have several nas
Units and a PC CPU also. I can see the dsd128. But it will not play it.
I called Vince and he confirmed the issue. It's oppo
And there should be a firmware update coming to fix it
We will see.
Al

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Did you get the UMT Plus to play DSD at all?
The more I play with the Oppo (inside the UMT Plus), the more I appreciate my Mac... This whole UPNP thing is madness...

Alexandre

The renderer in the UMT+ which is the OPPO 103 chipset plays DSD without issue. Very simple, just setup JRiver as your DLNA, go to Options in JRiver, ADD Configure Media DLNA SERVER, choose Audiophile 24 Bit, go to advanced and check "Bitstream DSD" and that is it-they even have a mac version.

Use JRemote, choose the server, choose OPPO103 and away you go. It doesn't get any simpler.

However, given that the chipset of the OPPO103 is the renderer I won't hold my breath for DSD128 or Gapless, the former I could live without and the latter is a MUST, at least for me. OPPO's beta firmware does nothing to fix the issue despite their claims to the contrary

However, those with MSB products who have yet to hear the PROI2S input have not heard their MSB DAC as it was meant to be. I was not a believer until I heard the UMT+, which is still in my system. It sounds fantastic. NOW if it could stream DXD, DSD128 and play Gapless all would be good. What would be better is those of us who have no need for a physical transport for MSB to provide us with either a breakout box or a streamer that uses just their proprietary PROI2S card, does DSD128 and DXD and gapless.

Blue Smoke has a Digital Output box that I am hoping to try in the near future to see if it sounds as wonderful as the UMT+.

In any case as I said, those who have yet to hear their MSB product via PROI2S haven't heard the full potential of their MSB.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yeah, I wanted to avoid JRiver... I tried many different servers (Minim, Plex, etc.) and none worked correctly.
So far, I'm able to play 1 track off Minim. The 2nd track I chose won't play.
Seems to me the Oppo streaming code is buggy...

alexandre

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Use JRemote, choose the server, choose OPPO103 and away you go. It doesn't get any simpler.

Can't find a place in JRemote to "choose OPPO103"...
Any tips?

Thanks,
Alexandre

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Yeah, I wanted to avoid JRiver... I tried many different servers (Minim, Plex, etc.) and none worked correctly.
Seems to me the Oppo streaming code is buggy...alexandre
You have, also, to avoid DLNA if you want DSD. Set up your server to use SMB and you can stream any format, including mch DSD, over Ethernet using the Oppo's built in interface. I assume that the MSB will work similarly.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I found and I am playing it but not dsd128 but. Use the remote it's there but you must set it up in jriver first
As the remote connects to the cpu for network attachments.
Al

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Can't find a place in JRemote to "choose OPPO103"...
Any tips?

Thanks,
Alexandre

at the bottom left of the JRemote you pick the "player" and it takes you to available zones of which is OPPO103. Select that and you are ready to go.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Seems to me the Oppo streaming code is buggy...

alexandre

There is no better remote than JRemote and the DLNA with the OPPO works perfectly without a hitch. If you were going Lumin I would recommend Minim, but for the UMT+ there is no better interface. The only two issues will be DXD/DSD2x and Gapless and that is an issue of the renderer o the OPPO which may or may NOT be fixed with firmware and I happen to be a believer in the latter.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
You have, also, to avoid DLNA if you want DSD. Set up your server to use SMB and you can stream any format, including mch DSD, over Ethernet using the Oppo's built in interface. I assume that the MSB will work similarly.

The Oppo interface is a p.o.s.
My music folder has 7000+ folders, and it simply won't read it via SMB/network. It does read it via the Oppo built-in "My network" module, but not through the remote app. Go figure. This sort of thing put me off the Oppo/UMT.

alexandre

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
There is no better remote than JRemote and the DLNA with the OPPO works perfectly without a hitch. If you were going Lumin I would recommend Minim, but for the UMT+ there is no better interface. The only two issues will be DXD/DSD2x and Gapless and that is an issue of the renderer o the OPPO which may or may NOT be fixed with firmware and I happen to be a believer in the latter.

JRemote is OK, but Apple's remote is better, and works with iTunes, where I have all my music in.
I'm giving JRiver a try. I installed it on my Mac, and it's now scanning my music. I got it to work, after I had to figure out JRiver's particular "lingo" (Zones? WTF...)
I ran the same track, via the built-in "Player" and the Oppo "zone", and switched inputs on my MSB (UMT x USB). The USB via JRiver was noticeably worse, duller, less top end. But against my favourite Mac player (Audirvana) it was harder to make out the differences, so the jury is still out if it's worth going with JRiver + the UMT or keeping iTunes+Audirvana and USB...

alexandre

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
JRemote is OK, but Apple's remote is better, and works with iTunes, where I have all my music in.
I'm giving JRiver a try. I installed it on my Mac, and it's now scanning my music. I got it to work, after I had to figure out JRiver's particular "lingo" (Zones? WTF...)
I ran the same track, via the built-in "Player" and the Oppo "zone", and switched inputs on my MSB (UMT x USB). The USB via JRiver was noticeably worse, duller, less top end. But against my favourite Mac player (Audirvana) it was harder to make out the differences, so the jury is still out if it's worth going with JRiver + the UMT or keeping iTunes+Audirvana and USB...

alexandre

Are you using the UMT+ via PROI2S into an MSB DAC?

That is the best sound you will achieve. It bests USB pretty significantly.

I used Apple Remote for a long time and found JREMOTE to be better but regardless if the desire is to stream to a UMT+ then to a MSB DAC IMO the best I have heard and easiest way to accomplish is JRiver and the PROI2S

Again for the HUGE issue is no gapless. That makes a big deal to me and I have no faith in OPPO in fixing.

I will also say that I have a customized Zuma with a Light Harmonics cable that was the best sound I have heard through my Diamond Plus until I got smitten with the PROI2S interface.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Are you using the UMT+ via PROI2S into an MSB DAC?

That is the best sound you will achieve. It bests USB pretty significantly.

I used Apple Remote for a long time and found JREMOTE to be better but regardless if the desire is to stream to a UMT+ then to a MSB DAC IMO the best I have heard and easiest way to accomplish is JRiver and the PROI2S

Again for the HUGE issue is no gapless. That makes a big deal to me and I have no faith in OPPO in fixing.

I will also say that I have a customized Zuma with a Light Harmonics cable that was the best sound I have heard through my Diamond Plus until I got smitten with the PROI2S interface.

Yes, that's what I'm using.
But here, it doesn't beat USB, let alone significantly. I will run some more tests tomorrow, once JRiver is done cataloguing all my music, but preliminary tests were not conclusive.

alexandre

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Yes, that's what I'm using.
But here, it doesn't beat USB, let alone significantly. I will run some more tests tomorrow, once JRiver is done cataloguing all my music, but preliminary tests were not conclusive.

alexandre

The UMT+ through the ProI2S buffers the memory, acts a "memory player" and is then slaved to the clock of your DAC.

There will be more variability of your server USB solution than that which you will achieve via the UMT+ as a result of settings, tweaks, etc whereas the UMT+ is independent of any computer settings.

I will tell you it does take some burning in. I am not sure how long you have had the UMT+ but expect a two week burn in.

Also compare your streaming solution to a disc and see if there is any variability.

Lastly what DAC/clock are you using and what power supply for the UMT+?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I set it up and it was easy with the App. But it will not at DSD 128
Only 64 bit. I am now trying to use the USB and that works but not DSD
As I now it will work and I am useing there USB software. I will play with it more later
Or look for a sticky. I have been trying it
With jriver and it plays in the CPU but not in the DAC USB
Iust have something setup wrong

Not sure what. I am running win7 64 bit

Al

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Platinum 4 plus galaxy clock.
UMT +
Dual transport psu and diamond
Psu
All options on the DAC it has 384 USB in the DAC
And the i2s as well for the UMT
Thanks for giving me some help
Al

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I set it up and it was easy with the App. But it will not at DSD 128
Only 64 bit. I am now trying to use the USB and that works but not DSD
As I now it will work and I am useing there USB software. I will play with it more later
Or look for a sticky. I have been trying it
With jriver and it plays in the CPU but not in the DAC USB
Iust have something setup wrong

Not sure what. I am running win7 64 bit

Al

In JRiver in "USB Mode" not DLNA in options make sure you check DSD and it will play all DSD formats

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing