DS Audio Master 3

joeling

Jan 8, 2014
master 3.jpg

Anyone with insights to this new Master 3 vs Master 1 ? What is better ? Looking to smoother presentation compared to Master 1. Cart is a Grandmaster but sadly not extreme. Thanks

simonthepieman

Oct 2, 2020
just gone from ds003 with matching eq box to
The "semi flagship grand mater3 but with the W3 eq box

HOLY COW!

MASSIVE room filling soundstage so much faster,more dynamic, deeper bass with more control, more of every aspect of sound than before, my wide slab fronted Atc's aren't known for imaging, per say
The sound was between the speakers precisely
Now it's full width of the whole room.
I'm absolutely staggered, as was my installing dealer
Sme model 15 with series 5 arm
Music. Has never sounded,better for me

PSAF

Jan 18, 2019
just gone from ds003 with matching eq box to
The "semi flagship grand mater3 but with the W3 eq box

HOLY COW!

MASSIVE room filling soundstage so much faster,more dynamic, deeper bass with more control, more of every aspect of sound than before, my wide slab fronted Atc's aren't known for imaging, per say
The sound was between the speakers precisely
Now it's full width of the whole room.
I'm absolutely staggered, as was my installing dealer
Sme model 15 with series 5 arm
Music. Has never sounded,better for me
also went from 003 ro W3 package, the EQ is the aize of an amplifier, it was a good step better than the 003, whish I could get the Master EX

Reactions: simonthepieman

simonthepieman

Oct 2, 2020
So I went with w3 box and grand master 3 .
Square diamond cantilever bonded tip
Truly flabbergasted, soundstage huge, bass so deep,textured but in control.
My dealer thinks it sounds like a master tape

I would also like to try the Ex one day how much better could it be?

Check out hifi news recent magazine review by Ken , he's done all the ds reviews over the past few years
He believes the master 3 is the sweet spot of the range sound and value wise

Grand master ex one day

Reactions: PSAF

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing