Do we really need to understand this?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
OUCH esldude! I had that happen to me right after I got two amps back from service. Both of them blew out and many more items had to be replaced. I feel your pain.

*sad* :(

This should never happen to anybody in our hobby, unfortunately it does.

Tom

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Oh, so for a hypothetical - and unrealistically high - outlet resistance of 1ohm, they are putting through 2 million amperes through it; or for a more realistic 0.1ohms, about 20 million. Assuming they can get that power into the facility, welding and melting occurs at much lower amperages.

To give them a little leeway ( although I'm not sure why??) it says they are applying 2 million volts, not amps, LOL...:rolleyes:

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I once had probably 2 million volts applied to my audio cables. A direct lightning strike to a metal fence that was inches from the electrical service entrance. The treatment was therefore applied to my romex cable, my power cords, power outlets and all audio equipment. I must say there was an eerily black lower level of noise afterwards.

Maybe I should move to Florida, string cables in the air waiting for lightning storms and sale the struck cable as all natural cables treated by God's own hand. Surely it would sound like heaven itself.

Now that would be *natural*!:D

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
This is becoming the new blasphemous word in high-end audio. "Hey buddy, your system sounds Natural!" - "I have Synergistic, and ____ you too"

Diapason

Mar 26, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Well it's clear none of you know anything about quantum mechanics, otherwise you'd know that Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle says you won't be sure about this product until after you've spent your money on it, and then your wife in the next room feeding your cat, Schrodinger, will hear the difference.

It's simple physics.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Do we really need to understand this.OR, do we really need to accept this??

On the A'gon site, we have a vendor selling a Synergistic Research receptacle...which has been "tesla'ed"
The copy reads: The Synergistic Research TESLA Plex SE is a Quantum Tunneled duplex outlet.

Quantum Tunneling is a process that changes the way a conductor works at the sub atomic level, impacting the entire TESLA Plex SE assembly. By applying a two million volt signal to each individual unit, at a specific pulse modulation and an ultra high frequency, for an exact duration of time, transforming the outlet at the molecular level. This process is also performed on all cables, from the Core series to the Galileo series. The “before and after” is startling, with a lower noise floor and improvements in inner detail, air, low frequency extension, and overall transparency.

So, the question is do we really need this kind of "science" in our hobby and more appropriately does anyone 'understand' this.
Or, is it that an ad likes this gives an 'impression' to the non-a'phile that IMHO we can certainly do without in the hobby. Your thoughts----

I am truly sorry Davey...I missed that one. ...Did you or did you not watch a movie recently, and if yes which one?

* As for your question just above...I really don't know...but it does sound attractive, very. :b

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I am truly sorry Davey...I missed that one. ...Did you or did you not watch a movie recently, and if yes which one?

* As for your question just above...I really don't know...but it does sound attractive, very. :b

Bob, I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding your point or your question.
Can you elucidate...thanks..:)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bob, I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding your point or your question.
Can you elucidate...thanks..:)

Just simple humor Davey; like which film inspired you to quote that out-of-this-world-non-sense-extravaganza-of-complete-absurdity from Audiogon. :D

That's all...that's how my mind worked when I finished reading what was written by that person, who knows where he gets his ideas from, that you happened to stumble on on that other forum from the vast universe. ;-)

Brief, it's all baloney just like Ultron in that Avengers flick. ...You know...with the gang...Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow ...
Cool flick still; I like the fast guy, and his girlfriend...with telekinetic powers. ...Did you see it... 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' ?

_______

It's not always easy to transmit/translate my sense of humor here and there from stuff we read, from stuff that is unreal...just like most Hollywood movies. :b ...It is better to laugh than to ...

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
"On the A'gon site, we have a vendor selling a Synergistic Research receptacle...which has been "tesla'ed"
The copy reads: The Synergistic Research TESLA Plex SE is a Quantum Tunneled duplex outlet.

Quantum Tunneling is a process that changes the way a conductor works at the sub atomic level, impacting the entire TESLA Plex SE assembly. By applying a two million volt signal to each individual unit, at a specific pulse modulation and an ultra high frequency, for an exact duration of time, transforming the outlet at the molecular level. This process is also performed on all cables, from the Core series to the Galileo series. The “before and after” is startling, with a lower noise floor and improvements in inner detail, air, low frequency extension, and overall transparency."

? Davey, after I've read the above; instead of spending the rest of my life investigating and most likely without ever finding the exit of that black hole, I simply took the easy escape...into the world of movies...more precisely sci-fi flicks.

I admit that it was extremely difficult to decipher my inner sense of humor ("which movie did you watch last?"), and I'm real glad that you asked what I meant by that, just like you asked our thoughts about what you found...above highlighted in red. That was my thought, an escape, without even daring going there. :b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing