Ddk

Status
Not open for further replies.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
tang will be fine.

but based on this smashing pumpkins video you posted, you need someone for sure.

Ked, anyone can post videos of lite Jazz muzac :p

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: XV-1

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Is ddk retiring from audio sales as well? Does anyone know? PeterA?

Scott, David loves the hobby and the people he has met. He continues to do what he has done for years. He is just no longer participating here. Many people from around the globe have contacted him in the last couple of days. All is well.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Thank you David for your years of valuable contributions to this forum. I learned a lot from your experience about Audio.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Nothing here for me to get over, Steve. I never said anything about a moniker, but it certainly sounds like a committee since it is a joint decision and no single individual takes responsibility.

I understand this to mean that in your structure there is no involvement in moderation by either owner. So moderators are judge, jury and executor, with final authority.

Just because all three of us discuss any moderation issue doesn't mean we aren't taking responsibility. Most organizations work by committee. This is no different.

Steve and Ron select the moderators so in essence they have ultimate control. However, they don't micromanage us and just let us do the job they have asked us to do.

How would you do it if this was your website?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
He left to spend more time with his family. Time as the crucible for hurt feelings. foxnewscom.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DaveC

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Dear all,

It is tricky to participate in a thread that is dedicated to a person who left WBF after being banned for a few days due to an interaction with me in the La Assoluta thread. Members could look upon my contribution as a sort of final attack on ddk. But please let me be very clear on this: that is not my intention at all! It is always sad when members withdraw from a forum after ‘a fight’ while discussing topics regarding are joint hobby. Because for me it is only a hobby, albeit an important one because it provides me with great pleasure and I need it in order to be able to relax in my ‘music fairytale world’. But only a hobby because a. I have no financial interest in any audio company and b. I paid for all audio components I am writing about on WBF. So I am only writing on WBF to share my listening experiences with great audio components. Whether or not WBF members take these experiences seriously, is of course totally up to them.

I am a (tax) partner at EY and as such participate in many discussions casu quo negotiations with the Dutch Tax Revenue. Furthermore I am a (full) professor in tax law at two Dutch universities. I am only mentioning this because I am very familiar with ’hot debates’ in my profession. However, I am using the words ‘hot debates’ only in relation to the content of these discussions/negotiations because I detest ad hominem attacks, that is attacks on the person who you are discussing or negotiating with.

Ddk seems to be a sharp (or if you wish: biting) debater. That is fine with me until members with different opinions are being ridiculed. A condescending tone towards each other is totally unnecessary. So when I felt such disrespect - and WBF members can make their own judgment in this regard; I refer in particular to the La Assoluta thread - I pushed back. According to the moderators the interaction that followed between ddk and me violated the WBF rules. I can understand that the moderators stopped this discussion and banned us both for a few days (although I really did my best to stay polite to a certain extent).

As I mentioned before, ddk was ‘only’ banned for a few days. Although I disagree with him on many points, I hope he can put aside his ego and rejoin WBF. I will sincerely welcome him (back). And if he indeed would be willing to make this step, we might even have some fruitful discussions in the future about audio without personal attacks. Why not?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Sorry to chime in but I was following the mentioned thread where ban to both members happened. In the entire reality, as this thread seems now as a proliferation of tears for a member who decided not to participate, I'm wondering how many actually know what was the reason behind the ban?
I value his input to this forum, passion behind his beliefs but there is always a way to transmit those beliefs and values in the open air.
In the last few weeks there has been few times that, at least me personally was thinking what the heck is this - why this tone and what good does it bring?
In the aforementioned thread he absolutely went over the bord insulting the person, etc. even being the thread which he created and where he is covering his thoughts and beliefs in the most polite and considerate manner. During the attacks on personal level (nothing related to the topic) he remained gentlemen so I have no idea why he was equally banned for this period of time.
And then, I wildly assume, ego kicks in and he self banns himself to not participate in the forum. So be it. Will his contributions in the topics where he was knowledgeable be missed - i guess so, will his way of treating people who think and write in the way which he does not like be missed - not by me for sure.

Last edited:

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
I kind of missed the inception of the drama.
Has David been suspended or voluntarily decided not to participate any longer?

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
In either case it's regrettable, but for a different reasons.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
ddk..looks like he changed his mind......

NO LONGER PARTICIPATING ON WBF BUT WILL BE HAPPY STAY IN TOUCH WITH FRIENDS at vas_ut@icloud.com.
Jan 22, 2023

is no longer in his signature.....

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
What wimps. A few death threats, and everybody abandons ship.

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Was the cancel police involved?
not at all. It all came down to moderation and our Terms of Service. Unfortunately David doesn't like our moderators and made no bones that he doesn't want to be moderated by them

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
There is no such thing as cancel police. There are consequences for actions taken. Even when you do something that is clearly good. Jesus was crucified.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
not at all. It all came down to moderation and our Terms of Service. Unfortunately David doesn't like our moderators and made no bones that he doesn't want to be moderated by them
Steve, you've made my day, that's the funniest thing I've read in ages.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
There is no such thing as cancel police. There are consequences for actions taken. Even when you do something that is clearly good. Jesus was crucified.
Jesus and Dave. In the same thread. I think I've read it all now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing