PC to replace Xbox console

Roust_m

Feb 24, 2022
Hi,

I've been using Xbox One X console as a media player and for gaming in my cinema room. I find Xbox very restrictive and want to switch to using a PC. I found that you can actually connect an Xbox controller to a PC and use it as a console. I have 7.2.4 speaker system with Yamaha A8A receiver and a dedicated RMB 1585 power amp for the front and side channels.
I am considering this mini-PC model:
KINGDEL Mini Gaming PC, Intel i7-13620H(10C/16T, 4.9GHz), Desktop Computer, W-11 pro, 32GB DDR5 RAM, 1TB NVME SSD, Dedicated RTX 4060 8G GDDR6, Support 8K/WiFi 6E/BT5.2/3xDP/HD/2xLAN: Minis: Amazon.com.au

Xbox can be easily connected to the receiver via HDMI cable for both video and sound. I am not so sure about PC. It has a dedicated sound card which it's own speaker output. I am concerned how hard would it be to make sound work from the PC on my receiver and if I will have any sound quality degradation compared to Xbox.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing