Ddk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

not sure what dminches was quoting but above are our TOS which all members acknowledge when they join.

I was quoting "Terms and Rules" which are referenced at the bottom of the main page.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Dear David,

You have unique and irreplaceable knowledge and experience and skills which you have shared generously and selflessly on WBF for many years. Thank you for all that you have shared and taught us on WBF.

Sadly it’s comes down to this. So I too want to wish David all of the best in his endeavors. I too have benefited and learned from his knowledge. My room is all the better as a result of it. Take care and be well David

Peace

Steve and Ron, what did you two do to make David want to leave after all these years?

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Peter....

you and everyone know that Ron and I do not moderate and I did not become aware of this until the next day. ....WE did nothing IMHO Peter . In fact I thought the ban was for a week but it was only for 3 days . I want to state @tima and others that our moderation is not quickly dispensed but is reviewed ad nauseam as I am told by all 3 moderators and any decision is the opinion of all 3 moderators. So get over the hiding behind a moniker Tim as there is meaning to the madness as I've been told that when readers see that being used they are seeing the opinion of all 3 moderators.

Having said that I read the entire exchange that went on and I can tell you that it violated several of our TOS. I also understand that a warning was issued a few weeks ago for a similar post. So this is not some random swoop of a sword. To me it was a 3 day slap on the hands to say, c'mon this isn't what WBF is about.....thats why I said everyone should read the preamble to our TOS.

Beyond that I have zero idea even what the prior warning was but I am told that it was for a similar violation. It was considered a first and therefore soft warning by the mod and hence not recorded.

It really boils boils down to this Peter....
1.Moderator moniker is used to show that a unanimous opinion of all moderators is being posted and if any temporary ban is issued it is with the knowledge and approval of all 3 mods. No one, and I repeat no one is hiding behind a mask

2. Moderation is done 100% without the knowledge of Ron or I

3. Whats most important is to always "challenge the post a not the poster"

4. More than anything, this is about the face of WBF and as stated in the preamble, this is not what we are about. A simple 3 day ban was issued and next thing am reading that David is leaving

But in the end, this is about WBF and how we present ourselves to the rest of the world who read this without comment. So as Spock wisely said it a very long time ago.....

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
One final thought..... the very reason that Ron and I do not moderate is what you are all seeing here in this thread.In days gone by we were "rightly accused"of showing bias and we agreed and have zero knowledge of what is referred for moderation. So here we are having done the right thing and you, Peter, ask "what have Ron and I done" The facts speak for themselves IMO .

We have been rightly accused over the years of showing bias. We are proud to have extricated ourselves from any and all moderation as we have moderators who talk amongst themselves and that is why the moniker is used.

Bottom line is there is only one set of rules under which this forum is ruled and that is called our Terms of Service. As I understand what transpired a 3 day ban was issued to both parties.

We have strived to maintain equanimity with one set of rules under which ALL of us abide and that is our Terms of Service

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
There are at least two highly valued members Bill and David leaving this site in the last few months. Something wrong with this site?

Reactions: Lagonda

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Um, a thread about a USER. But no commentary on the USER. Yep, that's logical. What else would you suggest we talk about on the thread named after a USER?
You are charming Marc. Always make me smile reading your comment. I find not writing or commenting much is best for the regulars here. Some regulars whom i think were great contributors balancing the hype left the forum. You also comment much less. People learn and evolve.

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I am so sorry to hear of David's departure from the forum!

WBF is surely diminished by his leaving.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I want to state @tima and others that our moderation is not quickly dispensed but is reviewed ad nauseam as I am told by all 3 moderators and any decision is the opinion of all 3 moderators. So get over the hiding behind a moniker Tim as there is meaning to the madness as I've been told that when readers see that being used they are seeing the opinion of all 3 moderators.

Nothing here for me to get over, Steve. I never said anything about a moniker, but it certainly sounds like a committee since it is a joint decision and no single individual takes responsibility.

2. Moderation is done 100% without the knowledge of Ron or I.

I understand this to mean that in your structure there is no involvement in moderation by either owner. So moderators are judge, jury and executor, with final authority.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You are charming Marc. Always make me smile reading your comment. I find not writing or commenting much is best for the regulars here. Some regulars whom i think were great contributors balancing the hype left the forum. You also comment much less. People learn and evolve.
Nice of you to say, Tang. Charming is my default, closely followed by sarcastic. And failing that, bitchy comes quite easily too.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Nice of you to say, Tang. Charming is my default, closely followed by sarcastic. And failing that, bitchy comes quite easily too.
Description fits Andropause. Mood swing, lack of sex drive too right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bobvin

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Ah its only 3 days may be DDK will come back :).

Tang whats up with your / DDK s horn project?
still no pics yet
I told ddk I will set them up within this month.

F4679FF2-F401-4471-BCF8-A2716689D1F9.jpeg
BDAE147F-A88A-4723-A2B0-AD4BBF4DBA49.jpeg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Dave could set them up and post...oh, no he can't.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Description fits Andropause. Mood swing, lack of sex drive too right?
God knows what Freud would think of this hobby if it existed back in the day. Trouser snake cables, big butch TTs, and of course the gurus as the only ones passing on their tips for happy endings.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Tang

David not coming out to set them up?

If not, you should invite Ked to do it - he thinks he knows everything ;)

tang will be fine.

but based on this smashing pumpkins video you posted, you need someone for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing