Christmas gift is at the door, new turntable to be set up!

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
And a mix-master too!

careful, you might offend the sensibilities of the [potential] women on this forum. They’ll never join now.

Michael Davitt

VIP/Donor
Nov 3, 2020
It's ok, I'm divorced now, and sold the dinning room furniture and Maggies are front and center in the living room. No more offensive vinegar smell in the bath . Free at last, thank God all mighty. I finally understand why there was a new stapled belly button each month in Playboy. This late in life I'm no longer interested in button button who's got the button unless it's on the Lampizator !

10 / 4 Eleanor

Reactions: nickif

nickif

May 17, 2013
That's quite a new table and phenomenal system. I'd love to see more pictures of the full system and this music room.
No music room my friend, just the living room. Thanks to those super rich tycoons in Hong Kong, the living condition here is the worst of all developed economies. Here’s a picture before the arrival of the CSport, dining room on the left, balcony on the right.

88C85155-CC94-4DCC-B180-60B51BD91420.jpeg

nickif

May 17, 2013

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
No music room my friend, just the living room. Thanks to those super rich tycoons in Hong Kong, the living condition here is the worst of all developed economies. Here’s a picture before the arrival of the CSport, dining room on the left, balcony on the right.

View attachment 86895
love the picture. it's all business. in a perfect way. concentrated. my previous room was 12' x 18' and it sounded fabulous. very intimate. loved it.

congrats!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Nick, where has your JMF universal disc transport gone, previously where the CS Port now is?

nickif

May 17, 2013
Nick, where has your JMF universal disc transport gone, previously where the CS Port now is?
It’s being punished by sitting in the corner lol.

Don’t get me wrong JMF is the top top digital front end, just been much more into vinyl recently.

Michael

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
In the UK, we call that "being on the naughty step" lol. Hoping it reclaims it's rightful place, and not permanently relegated.
I recognise your setup from Audio Exotics forum. Interesting you've gone CS Port, because AE proprietor Chris's current fave tt is the GP Monaco 2.0, many photos of that alongside the Da Vinci.

nickif

May 17, 2013
In the UK, we call that "being on the naughty step" lol. Hoping it reclaims it's rightful place, and not permanently relegated.
I recognise your setup from Audio Exotics forum. Interesting you've gone CS Port, because AE proprietor Chris's current fave tt is the GP Monaco 2.0, many photos of that alongside the Da Vinci.

Monaco 2.0 is a great turntable, I’ve listened to it with Thales statement arm and fuuga/Xquisite many times at the showroom. If the Da Vinci is a Rolls-Royce then the Manaco 2.0 is definitely a Ferrari. Da Vinci is about luxurious, big scale and body; Manaco 2.0 is about speed, neutrality, precision and super agility. The issue with Monaco 2.0 is only one arm can be accommodated.

However choosing a turntable, for me, is much more about the sound. The aesthetics, technology, functionality etc plays an important part as well. CSport won my heart by its simple but solid design, it’s not a eye catcher on the first sight but it has the ability to grow on me somehow. Also I like its air floating design, always wanted to try the methodology but the AF series‘s multi-boxed design is always a put-off. Kuzma‘s pump is huge and noisy, instead CSport’s solution with a single small and quiet pump is a slam-dunk win to me.

Until now I still can’t believe how can they design the pump so small and quite in the meantime….

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Nick, you'll get no argument from me on the merits of the CS Port. It's just that I've never seen it featured on the AE forum. Whereas the Monaco is causing quite the stir.
But please...reinstate your JMF transport, that particular component is one of the few uber pieces that I might crave if I was a weaker man Lol.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

View attachment 86895
Fantastic system, I bet is sounds wonderful. I've always had a affinity for the Robert Koda gear.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Yes i would be interested to know how Cs-port compares to the Io and Allnin or any others you have owned in the past.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
It took me about 4 hours to unbox and set up everything. I didn’t ask any of my friends to help intentionally because I wanted to have the complete experience, from unboxing to setting up the turntable, step by step, so that I could get a better sense of the feel/build of products intimately.

First of all, the packaging work was meticulous. There was no wood case involved in the whole chain however it feels as solid as it can be. Everything was packed in a cardboard box with lots of foams and then all the small boxes were wrapped up into a huge/thick outer box also with lots of foams. There was not even a dent in the corner of any of the small box inside. So far so good.

Every part of the turntable is about solidity. 21kg platform, 40kg base, 27kg platter, 8kg motor and 2.4kg record weight… I’m not even 40 yet and I go to the gym often, but after weight lifting all these onto the top shelf of the audio rack, I started questioning myself for not calling friends for help…well, if Mike Lavigne (who’s over 50) can do this alone, you must can, I said to myself :p

The most challenging part must be placing the 27kg platter onto the spindle, my wife is certainly not capable of anything remotely related to lifting, and what makes it even more challenging is that my SRA rack is custom made with above average height to accommodate my power amps. Fortunately, with the help of my wife for locating the position of the spindle when I was holding the platter for 1 min, it was done smoothly. Now I understand the difference between holding a 27kg barbell and holding a 27kg platter while trying to locate a 1cm spindle…

After that, everything else was as smooth as it could be, even though I had zero experience with tangential arms, the set up was surprisingly easy. What I like most about CSport is the precision, you can tell every part is made by very high standard with very low tolerance. Once setup, it feels solid, understated, there’s absolutely no wiggling no dangling no joking. Another thing impressed me is that every little thing that is put in the package is there for a purpose, for instance when (I thought) I was done, I found a tiny pin was left unused and I didn’t have a clue where to place it. Until later when I was doing the alignment I found it should be put under the base of the arm for adjusting leveling…

The same philosophy applies to the C3EQM2 phono stage, its build may not be as luxurious as say Zanden or Robert Koda, however it is solid and very fine. Just like the TAT1 turntable, it may not be as shiny as the Da Vinci EQ, but when you take a closer look, every detail has been looked after, taken care of. “Zen feel”, said Mike, which I totally agree.

Ok, enough for the setup, what about the sound? An EMT Novel gold cartridge with 0.85mv output was mounted on the AFU1-2 arm connecting to the MC input of C3EQM2 phono , I didn’t fine-tune the alignment with analog-magic yet and bear in mind only a few hours of listening time has been put on the CSport front end, therefore I don’t think it is remotely conclusive when it comes to the sound. Nevertheless, what I hear now is very very promising, the CSport combo throws a huge soundstage, the sound is fast, open, airy with solid foundation and great flow, and finally I understand special “airiness” from a linear tracking arm. Sitting next to the Davinci EQ turntable + JMF phono which I have been finetuning for a while, the CSport combo is definitely not afraid of anything!

View attachment 86788

View attachment 86789

View attachment 86790

View attachment 86791

View attachment 86792
View attachment 86793

Congratulations you have choose the very best modern and current production table and arm you could choose....
I am very proud owner of LFT1 whit the wonderful linear tracking arm and as second arm the /Durand Tosca i couldn't be happier!

Enjoy.....

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Congratulations you have choose the very best modern and current production table and arm you could choose....
I am very proud owner of LFT1 whit the wonderful linear tracking arm and as second arm the /Durand Tosca i couldn't be happier!

Enjoy.....
I am going to set up my Durand Tosca soon and I like the LFT1 a lot,
can you please explain a little bit about the sonic signature of the 2 tonearm on the LFT1? Specially, as it seems, that you are using the standard tonarmebase for the CSPort linear tracker tonarm plus the Durand Tosca, if I can interprete the picture in a correct way

55818514-8105-4E60-BB97-E7DD4B5629EF.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing