Canon Powershot S110

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Mine came from Adorama (via ebay) which is a authorized Canon dealer, so yes, it supposedly comes with a full warranty. I think they are just dumping old stock since the S120 has been out for a while now.

Rob.Petersen

May 6, 2014
Vancouver, WA
I mentioned that I was interested in getting a better camera, and Steve recommended the Canon S100. Gary then seconded that by saying he used one for the shots he took at CES. Then Jay came along with another positive post and indicated there was a newer model...the S110. With 3 positive endorsements I decided to look around today and went into a place called Henry's, which is a chain dealing in only photography and supplies.

I looked at both the S100 and the S110, and there are only 2 differences. The S110 introduces Wi-Fi and the screen is now a multi-touch capacitive touchscreen. Sweet I thought! What about the price I asked? Well, I can get the S110 for less than the S100 as it's on-sale until the end of the month. $329.99. This is definitely a pricepoint I can live with.

Anything else I need to know before I purchase this?

I've had both the S100 and now an S120 - the battery life is getting better with each iteration. The touchscreen is OK as is the WiFi. Picture quality is great for a 1.7" sensor - Canon has now moved to the backlit CMOS sensor.

To get a grip, check out FLIP-BAC. The S100 grip shown on the website is good for all "S models"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing