Baseball Season Is Coming To An End

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Well unless the Giants win the next 3 against the Cards we will see the Cards once again in the WS. I am amazed how Tony LaRussa gets his wild card team to peak at the right time

'Cept Tony retired and Mike Matheny is their manager :) He definitely deserves a lot of credit esp. with Pujols leaving. Think Pujols regrets that decision as he sits home watching the playoffs on TV? :)

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
What happened to "good pitching beats good hitting." I did see a lot of belt high fastballs across the plate.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
it's a one game series now.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Can the Giants win two b ack to back series in which they've been done 3-1

If they beat the Cards I feel they will have the momentum to beat the Tigers

Beg to differ Steve :)

The Giants rotation is shot having gone to a game 7 (and all arms are on deck in 7) while Detroit has been sitting by, giving their starters a couple of days of rest and lining up their pitching rotation. In addition, the Tigers will be able to if needed, start Verlander 3 times. He is quite possibly the best pitcher in BB today.

Then again were the Yankees that bad or Detroit that good? The Tiger with Cabrera and Fielder have quite possibly the best 3-4 hitters in the leagues (s).

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
one game at a time, and the giants need only one more game to advance to the WS. baseball is an unpredictable game, and i've seen highly favored teams stymied by the underdogs in the WS. rooting for the giants for another WS crown. wish i were there in the city this time.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

The Giants rotation is shot having gone to a game 7 (and all arms are on deck in 7) while Detroit has been sitting by, giving their starters a couple of days of rest and lining up their pitching rotation. In addition, the Tigers will be able to if needed, start Verlander 3 times. He is quite possibly the best pitcher in BB today.

Then again were the Yankees that bad or Detroit that good? The Tiger with Cabrera and Fielder have quite possibly the best 3-4 hitters in the leagues (s).

we shall see won't we Myles. They have to win Game 7 first and if they do you can't tell me that they aren't special to come back and win 2 series that they were down 3-1

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
SF going to the WS again. The bats are hot, and that is a good sign.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Congrats Giants!

Steve Williams

well Myles, we shall see.

The Giants and the city are energized. And their rotation looked damn good to me in the game last night. They are peaking at just the right time and FWIW, many times too much rest results in just a little rustiness.

So Myles, tell me how many games the Tigers are going to need to beat the Giants and win the WS

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
4???
The announcer pointed out the Giants pitching rotation is upside down.

Steve Williams

4???
The announcer pointed out the Giants pitching rotation is upside down.

so Gregg are you saying the Tigers sweep the Giants in 4.

FWIW, the Giants starter hasn't been named yet

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Sorry Steve I was making a joke. The winner will need four games.

The Giants are spent from having to win three games in a row.Detroit is a position to have their ace pitch three games. The Giants are not. I assume Giants ace was on the mound last night.

I picked St. Louis to win game 7. Shois what i know.

It should be a great series. I hope it goes to seven.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
As an aside to the more on topic discussion here, did anyone else beside me appreciate that 3000 fps camera? To put this into perspective, and IIRC, movies and video usually are shot at either 24 fps or 30 fps. The shots were absolutely stunning. Romo's exuberant smile and relief after the final out, individual rain drops falling, Pence's swing on his double where his bat strikes the ball 3 times, and any number of other super, super slo-mo replays were just fascinating.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing