My Pachanko Server is here. A bargain at 16k Euros?!

Lyubo

May 2, 2012
Hi,so is the USB bridge part of the Pachanko system or something you decided to add, does it add much to the overall SQ. Is it possible you could give your system set up from router with cable used so I understand properly the full system. Thank you
Router -> LAN -> Switch -> LAN -> Constellation Mini (Roon Core/Diretta Host) -> LAN -> Canarino (Diretta Target) -> USB -> DAC.

Reactions: Bling23

Topstreaming

Apr 1, 2023
I had a pachanko mini on trial six months ago, connected to a farad super 3.
What a great combination that is in terms of SQ. Much better than a NUC or Roon nucleus. a great choice. I had never had anything so good at home.

Then purchased a MINI SE with a stellar power supply. This was a step up in SQ and remains here as the best thing I have ever had at home, a truly incredible combination, I am as happy as a little child.

I would recommend everyone to try it at home, it beats absolutely everything in this price range and above.

I am not a computer nerd myself, and I must say that Mister Chan provides perfect help to get the best results. I also experienced this support as very exceptionally positive. Everything really top class.

I would say don't skip Pachanko Labs when making a choice!!!

Bling23

Aug 3, 2020
Ireland
What a great combination that is in terms of SQ. Much better than a NUC or Roon nucleus. a great choice. I had never had anything so good at home.

Then purchased a MINI SE with a stellar power supply. This was a step up in SQ and remains here as the best thing I have ever had at home, a truly incredible combination, I am as happy as a little child.

I would recommend everyone to try it at home, it beats absolutely everything in this price range and above.

I am not a computer nerd myself, and I must say that Mister Chan provides perfect help to get the best results. I also experienced this support as very exceptionally positive. Everything really top class.

Nice sounds like a great set up , enjoy

Topstreaming

Apr 1, 2023

I have an addition:

Streaming Qobuz with ROON with the Pachanko MINI SE and STELLAR sounds slightly better than from my expensive Melco N10 NAS!

pk_LA

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2021
I considered many of the usual suspects. In the end I decided to give the Pachanko a try. I could not be happier. Paired with the MSB Select/Director it brings just the right amount of body and warmth to the party. On a side note: when I bought the Director I was told that part of its mission was to remove the sonic differences between inputs - specifically USB v Ethernet. That it does not do. I am still a big fan but it did not remove the sonic value that a great streamer brought. I emphatically recommend the Pachanko.

ScottK

Apr 30, 2023
mars
I considered many of the usual suspects. In the end I decided to give the Pachanko a try. I could not be happier. Paired with the MSB Select/Director it brings just the right amount of body and warmth to the party. On a side note: when I bought the Director I was told that part of its mission was to remove the sonic differences between inputs - specifically USB v Ethernet. That it does not do. I am still a big fan but it did not remove the sonic value that a great streamer brought. I emphatically recommend the Pachanko.
Thanks for providing this report. Very interesting. I have two questions. First, what streamer did the Pachinko replace? Then which brought you the greatest sonic benefits, the new streamer or the MSB Director?

sonner

Oct 1, 2022
New Hampshire
sonneraudio.com
Hi guys, I think we reach the culmination/pinnacle of streaming/music files digital playback with Pachanko Labs Constellation Masterpiece.
Our journey is started with using Pachanko labs entry level model Mini SE+Stellar power supply and paired with our middle line floorstanding Legato Duo at High End Munich 2023. Our demo room received Top 11 Best Sound and yes, an entry level and mid level model can receive Best Sounds too.
Since then, we keep thinking when the entry level model sounding this good, can't imagine their top of the line. Well, our wish comes true. Finally, we met their top of the line, Constellation Masterpiece. To make it level set, we have our client paired the Masterpiece with our reference speaker Allegro MKII.

In the last 15 years, I concluded that in order digital playback to sound the best, all aspects touching digital has to be well integrated, meaning start from router, server, Ethernet/USB/SPIF, Power cables, digital protocol, clocking, DAC and lastly, the power supply.

My thought is validated with the digital system using Constellation Masterpiece feeding Dirretta Protocol equipment and Pachanko digital cables. The implementation of 2 boxes power supply (1 box just for housing custom made silver transforrmer and the other for capacitors bank+regulator) is just another example of pinnacle in digital playback. The Dirretta equipment is also powered by separate Pachanko Power supply, another validation of All aspects touching digital gets done right.

From a music lover perspective, how does the system sound? At this level it is beyond sound. The system brings me to different state of mind, place, memory and music experience with emotion. The experience of having musician standing/sitting in front of you playing music/singing from their heart sending message thru lyrics with soundstage beyond left and right wall. The music flow/articulation is very fluid, not stiff/mechanical/disjointed. Peak and valley music notes are played with great bandwidth, Pace and rhythm has great tempo. Music attack and sustain/decay played right. Sense of air around instruments/musician is amazing.

This is a true High End Audio all about, not just producing a good tonal balance/detail/clarity/bass or treble extension.

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
Chan told me he has done some updates to my server. Everything improved a little bit once again. Well done !

Mblu

Feb 17, 2021
Hi, do you think the mini SE / Roon / HQPlayer / Canarino are better than a server + lumin u1 mini ?
And an important point for me, as the gain of the pre and the Dac are high, I always use the volume control of Roon / Lumin (Leedh algo), playing between 30 and 60% in most cases and it sounds good. What to expect from volume control via Diretta ?
Thank you !

Topstreaming

Apr 1, 2023
Hi, do you think the mini SE / Roon / HQPlayer / Canarino are better than a server + lumin u1 mini ?
And an important point for me, as the gain of the pre and the Dac are high, I always use the volume control of Roon / Lumin (Leedh algo), playing between 30 and 60% in most cases and it sounds good. What to expect from volume control via Diretta ?
Thank you !

I Think that the Mini is better and that the mini SE will blow your head!
just give it a try.

Lyubo

May 2, 2012
Thank you !
I replaced Roon Nucleus + Auralic Aries G1 with Constellation Mini + Canarino. In terms of sound the latter is far ahead in my experience.

Mblu

Feb 17, 2021
Thank you for your positive feedback !
Have you tried to adjust the volume in Roon ? Theoretically not bit perfect, but do you hear this degradation ? I don’t want to replace my dac (AC Helène) nor my pre-amp (PBN).

Lyubo

May 2, 2012
No I haven't tried, I'm always on Fixed Volume. I don't know if there is any connection between Roon Volume Control and Diretta, maybe you should discuss it with Chan.

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
No I haven't tried, I'm always on Fixed Volume. I don't know if there is any connection between Roon Volume Control and Diretta, maybe you should discuss it with Chan.
Me too. I wouldn’t use roon volume.

Mblu

Feb 17, 2021
Ok, many thanks. I indeed contacted Chan who replied similarly.
So I first need to find a way to reduce the gain of the full chain, like by randomly removing some components out of the amplifier :)

Reactions: TDX

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Looking ahead a little, I'll tell you "secretly" Chan and I are now finishing testing Audirvana on the Pachanko server.
It's hard to imagine, but this is many times better than the already well-fitted Roon.
Please, can you give an update on the SQ of Audirvana vs the latest Roon.
Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing