Audio Magic Nano-Liquid Fuses---mikey likey :)

Mike thanks for taking the time to post this experience. I recently became curious about all the fuse chatter around, enough so that I bought a few to experiment with. I replaced the fuses in my amps (Spectral DMA 360S2) and power distribution (Silver Circle Pure Power 5.0) with Hifi Tuning Supreme fuses. I was stunned by the result. Not that it was totally jaw-dropping but simply the fact that it was a noticeable improvement. I likened it to a quick detail on a car surface more than anything. I had an increased clarity, crisper imaging and a real nice gain in punch/snap. Pound for pound I cannot recall anything like it...in other words for $60 it's a no brainer:) Prior to doing this I had started a thread on the Spectral forum just to get some input from other guys with similar gear and it seemed that all who actually tried fuses did experience positive outcomes. Of course there were the comments from those who had not wanting proof, clinical trials and the like which is a sect of our hobby I do not/will not belong to....but that's another thread:) My next step is to get a fuse for my DAC (Berkeley). One of our Spectral regulars had done this and reported very positive outcomes so I'm looking forward to that. I'd do it now but I am coming off a round of upgrades so I need to regain a solid frame of reference first.

Now of course the question becomes how do all these fuses differ or do they? Furutech, Hifi Tuning, Synergistic Research, Isoclean, Audio Magic...I'm sure there are many more. At this point I do not have the energy or motivation to compare but someday it may be an interesting exercise. For now, I really like what the Hifi Tuning Supreme do so I'm going to just ride with that for a bit. If anyone is at all curious I'd strongly encourage dropping the $50-100 and taking some for a spin. For me it was well beyond worth it. I'll add too that I am a pretty big skeptic when it comes to tweaks and the like. I sort of live in the camp that there is way more BS (for lack of a better term) out there in audio land than there should be. I am also open minded, however, so if the chatter gets loud enough or if something seems to make decent sense I try and experience it. That has really paid off for me, not just finding little odds and ends that help move my rig forward but also being able to know for sure the stuff that does not.

Mike thanks for taking the time to post this experience. I recently became curious about all the fuse chatter around, enough so that I bought a few to experiment with. I replaced the fuses in my amps (Spectral DMA 360S2) and power distribution (Silver Circle Pure Power 5.0) with Hifi Tuning Supreme fuses. I was stunned by the result. Not that it was totally jaw-dropping but simply the fact that it was a noticeable improvement. I likened it to a quick detail on a car surface more than anything. I had an increased clarity, crisper imaging and a real nice gain in punch/snap. Pound for pound I cannot recall anything like it...in other words for $60 it's a no brainer:) Prior to doing this I had started a thread on the Spectral forum just to get some input from other guys with similar gear and it seemed that all who actually tried fuses did experience positive outcomes. Of course there were the comments from those who had not wanting proof, clinical trials and the like which is a sect of our hobby I do not/will not belong to....but that's another thread:) My next step is to get a fuse for my DAC (Berkeley). One of our Spectral regulars had done this and reported very positive outcomes so I'm looking forward to that. I'd do it now but I am coming off a round of upgrades so I need to regain a solid frame of reference first.

Now of course the question becomes how do all these fuses differ or do they? Furutech, Hifi Tuning, Synergistic Research, Isoclean, Audio Magic...I'm sure there are many more. At this point I do not have the energy or motivation to compare but someday it may be an interesting exercise. For now, I really like what the Hifi Tuning Supreme do so I'm going to just ride with that for a bit. If anyone is at all curious I'd strongly encourage dropping the $50-100 and taking some for a spin. For me it was well beyond worth it. I'll add too that I am a pretty big skeptic when it comes to tweaks and the like. I sort of live in the camp that there is way more BS (for lack of a better term) out there in audio land than there should be. I am also open minded, however, so if the chatter gets loud enough or if something seems to make decent sense I try and experience it. That has really paid off for me, not just finding little odds and ends that help move my rig forward but also being able to know for sure the stuff that does not.

all very interesting. Did you notice any changes with directionality of fuse placement

Surely it wouldn't be too hard for someone to make the basic measurements of electrical performance: resistance, capacitance, current-carrying limitations, etc....? Perhaps simple specs like these could shed light on the perceived differences.

Lee

all very interesting. Did you notice any changes with directionality of fuse placement

IF (as is the case here) the fuse is in an A/C circuit, anyone claiming a difference in fuse directionality is smoking crack (in my opinion). Of course, I have taken this position before on other forums and been scolded for my narrow mindedness. However, these is a difference between tweaks that are hard to explain on the grounds of the laws of physics, and improvements that are categorically impossible on the grounds of those same laws.

Surely it wouldn't be too hard for someone to make the basic measurements of electrical performance: resistance, capacitance, current-carrying limitations, etc....? Perhaps simple specs like these could shed light on the perceived differences.

Lee

Current carrying ability should be the fuse blow rating. You DO want the fuse to blow.

IF (as is the case here) the fuse is in an A/C circuit, anyone claiming a difference in fuse directionality is smoking crack (in my opinion). Of course, I have taken this position before on other forums and been scolded for my narrow mindedness. However, these is a difference between tweaks that are hard to explain on the grounds of the laws of physics, and improvements that are categorically impossible on the grounds of those same laws.

I'm with you 100% on that!

That is precisely why I asked as my simple mind feels exactly the same. I agree with Lee as far as some simple measurements being done to confirm what everyone who uses these fuses seem to corroborate

I would also like to know what "nano magic" means in the description of the device or is it some terrific marketing ploy to justify it's $100 price

That is precisely why I asked as my simple mind feels exactly the same. I agree with Lee as far as some simple measurements being done to confirm what everyone who uses these fuses seem to corroborate

I would also like to know what "nano magic" means in the description of the device or is it some terrific marketing ploy to justify it's $100 price

Do you really think they would do that?!?!?!?!?! :p :p :p

I will not comment :)

Keep in mind that even if the fuse measures in one direction, this means diddly squat in an A/C circuit.

If the fuse makes a very high end system sound 1% better they would/should be able to sell it for $1000, stictly based on price / performance criteria. No marketing ploy needed.

one last question that puzzles me is that in the time taken to change fuses and then to do some critical listening how can anyone even remember what the difference in sound even is to comment with any degree of certainty?

I am not defending fuse directionality, but if your arguments are just based in mains being A/C, you should remember that mains is not pure AC - there is always a DC component on it. There is a power conditioner made by Burmester - the 948 - that measures and suppresses the DC of the mains. I have tried it in the past and its effect was clear - even some transformers that have some mechanical hum became silent.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?9326-Burmester-948

Anyway we should separate claims when debating - one thing is audibility of the type of fuse, a very different one is directionality. Joining both is just decreasing the signal to noise ratio of the debate.

Last edited:
I did not mess around with fuse direction, I'm sort of burnt out on critical listening for a spell. I just went through some system changes and am now just enjoying the music for a while. As for all this need for tests, measures and what not...ya'll have lost me there. Here is the deal, I changed the fuses and it sounds better. I don't really care much about why, who how etc nor do I feel any obligation to present a "case". I suppose if your the type of guy that needs data/testing/measures etc it's best you carry on your own trials because even if one did take the time to go through such exercise they would be open to debate, full of flaws and never conclusive enough. For me, I listen to it and I either like it or I don't...beyond that I am totally lost at what folks are after.

could you explain that please

Micro is simply referring to clarity of the debate and trying to keep the discussion productive.

if you combine the question of 'directionality' and 'cryo' with fuses you are confusing both issues.

there ought to be clearly separate discussions or it will get 'confused' and the signal (productive debate) will decrease and the noise (confusion and difficulty keeping things clear) will increase.

Could someone of audiomagic please tell me what the famous nano stream technology is , it looks to me they are merely filling a fuse with a sort of dampening fluid and call it the next best thing after the invention of electricity

our famous Nano Stream Technology. This makes our fuses the most detailed, dynamic and quietest fuses on the market today

Means "the technology we use can be found in other products/industries, but we use nano magic so you do not think to look for them" :)
I appreciate it can also be done when they have difficulty describing the product in terms of engineering, which is ironic considering engineering is required to build said products.

Not sure about simple measurements, look where that got the audio world arguments about cable structure, even though there is a case in general for twisted pair/coaxial/braided shielded replacing foil drain/etc.
How many are even aware that their house mains circuit is an antenna and also a transmitter.
Cheers
Orb

could you explain that please

IMHO, we should debate them separately. The causes related to the fuse audibility, if it exists, should not be the same as directionality (also it is shown to be real) .
Arguing both at same time can be confusing.

Micro is simply referring to clarity of the debate and trying to keep the discussion productive.

if you combine the question of 'directionality' and 'cryo' with fuses you are confusing both issues.

there ought to be clearly separate discussions or it will get 'confused' and the signal (productive debate) will decrease and the noise (confusion and difficulty keeping things clear) will increase.

Thanks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing