Audio Magic Nano-Liquid Fuses---mikey likey :)

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013

Scoff if you like.

I've a Tripoint Troy here at the moment, apparently a similar sort of product to the one you mention. I'm aware of two forum members who have had Entreq in their systems, one of whom had the opportunity to compare the two. Both claim remarkable effects as a result of using it with a similar effect to that of using the Troy.

I've had quiet a bit of quality electronics through my otherwise settled system in the last year, a couple of peices I've really liked, Shindo Vosne Romanee pre for example in place of my Aesthetix Calypso. In my system and room the Tripoint Troy has wrought a far greater effect, utterly transformational and it's taken my otherwise unchanged system to a place I didn't think possible.

I don't know much about them and not tried anything Entreq however I wouldn't hesitate should the opportunity arise.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
A manufacturer sent along both HFT Supreme and Audio Magic fuses to try with their phono section. The unit wouldn't have received a good review had I reviewed the piece with the latter fuses. But that's how much of a difference the fuse made.

Who knows? I trust what Mike says so it could just be unit to unit variability.Or maybe is just how the sound complements one's system.
Which Audio Magic fuse did you receive for the testing, the earlier one or the more recent "Super?"

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Which Audio Magic fuse did you receive for the testing, the earlier one or the more recent "Super?"

I don't remember but it was a year and a half ago (?) so maybe the earlier?

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I don't remember but it was a year and a half ago (?) so maybe the earlier?
Yes, the earlier, since the new one is a year old or less and apparently a considerable improvement. Right now, I wishing that I didn't offer the HFT ones along with the Emotiva speakers. Be nice to compare.

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Scoff if you like.

I've a Tripoint Troy here at the moment, apparently a similar sort of product to the one you mention. I'm aware of two forum members who have had Entreq in their systems, one of whom had the opportunity to compare the two. Both claim remarkable effects as a result of using it with a similar effect to that of using the Troy.

I've had quiet a bit of quality electronics through my otherwise settled system in the last year, a couple of peices I've really liked, Shindo Vosne Romanee pre for example in place of my Aesthetix Calypso. In my system and room the Tripoint Troy has wrought a far greater effect, utterly transformational and it's taken my otherwise unchanged system to a place I didn't think possible.

I don't know much about them and not tried anything Entreq however I wouldn't hesitate should the opportunity arise.

Do you have the regular Troy or the signature?

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
Mike

It is only fair to ascertain that they truly make the differences you claim in a such a high caliber system. What I don't fully understand is why you are wiling to experiment from time to time but unwilling to ascertain the veracity or reliability of your results.

You may not look at it this way but your recommendation of a product carries weight for some and many take them seriously. Wouldn't it be just correct to verify somewhat if the product in question is truly all that you think it is? We all have gone enthusiastic about a product only to realize it isn't that good or that its contributions are insignificant or even nonexistent. You already know where I lean on the issue of fuses on the bass tower of a speaker ;)

While I completely disagree with Mike about the Audio Magic fuses that I tried and returned, I haven't a clue about how one would "verify" ones tastes in fuses. As a reviewer I am ever mindful that few will ever hear any component as I do, because of my tastes, my room, and all of my equipment. At very best, I can write my personal experiences and discourage or encourage others to give a listen to a product. This assumes, of course, that they can find a dealer with the product. Of course, also they may have tried something I recommended and greatly liked it, thus trusting my ears.

If you are implying "double blind" testing, I reject that entirely having participated both in the usual crap that psychologists use with "same or different" 30 second listenings and in quite extensive double blind listening with rating of multiple preamps, etc. Mentally ones mind in a test is not ones mind in relaxing to music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing