Asc Tube Traps Gik Soffits

Echos

Jul 14, 2019
Anyone here using the AsC tube traps or the GiK soffit base traps?
Would live to hear what works, what’s more effective and what you prefer.

Regards
E

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I have asc tubes and GIK. If you go with tubes then nothing smaller than 16” and really 20”. The GIK stuff works. I think the soffit is 18”. If you install this around the perimeter of the ceiling tge results would be profound. It has great absoption down to 80 Hz and still good absorption at 60Hz

If you are handy then building a soffit trap is easy and would save quite a bit

Reactions: Echos

speshal

Mar 8, 2018
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I recently tried ASC tube traps (big diameter base and smaller diameter top) and was shocked at how powerful they were in a small room. I almost returned them because they were too powerful and not for the better in my room that was fairly well dialed in.

However, I split them apart into 4 pieces (which is a nice option) and experimented with placement/rotation. Once I found the right place to put them, I'll never have a room without them. They are really great at what they do and can enhance a room more than almost any other equipment purchase except speakers.

I don't have experience with that specific GIK product, but I've tried tons of other things. I'm sure the GIK is nice. It's just hard to imagine them being better or more versatile than the ASC.

Good luck.

Reactions: Echos and Al M.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing