An entry level sytem

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
I read a bit more and they do talk about BlueTooth, but nowhere is BlueTooth mentioned as being an input capability. They only provide the four inputs - analog, USB, coax and Toslink.

I must have been mistaken. From the description it does appear to need an airport express or something similar to work wirelessly.

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
I have been replacing older vintage gear with Emotiva gear. I think many here would consider it as "entry level" especially with the pricing. I am pretty happy with it over all. Fit and finish is really nice and it's built to last. It sounds just fine to me. So far I have the DAC XDA-1 a power amp the XPA-2 and the new Preamp the XSP-1. I have it all running balanced using Emo wires and Speaker Cables. For a digital source I have a Denon universal player for SACD, DVD A and CD into the DAC.

Rob:)

Attachments

• Emo System Close.jpg
    Emo System Close.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 115

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Definitely great bang for the buck Emotiva. Disruptive business model, I wish them well ;)

Perhaps we need more of that......I wish them well too!;)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Let's not forget about Outlaw and Odyssey either...

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Audioquest Dragonf;y

1012dragon.promo_.jpg

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ton let the cartridge break in.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I think it is fair to say the highenf is not "top heavy." Products are aplenty from top to bottom. You can even go mobile or dektop at work if you like,
IME most of the mmebers here with all out systems traveled a long journey that culminated in a dream system. A lucky few hit the jackpot on their maiden voyage. that's true of any hobby. Others found a home way short of Nirvana. To each his own. Bon VoyTge.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
AFOCALBRD21.jpg AFOCALBRD21BLK.jpg You can thumb your nose in the face of Bose.order it online and have it delivered to your daughters dorm room.Take that Oprah. With a $2500 limit you'll have enough left for a Macbook pro and i//phone. Music direct is offering the black version $949(1149).

FOCAL - BIRD 2.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Auduiengine A2_ Audioengine_600.jpg 249

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Glad to see that Vanatoo is being discussed. I'm one of the main Vanatoo guys. We obviously think they make a great entry-level system! To be clear, the Transparent One does not have wireless capability built in. We have no intent to mislead anyone, so maybe we need to reword our website? The website tries to make the point that the speakers are aimed at being used in streaming applications, but that you do need to add your own external streaming device.

We looked really hard at integrating wireless, but decided not to. There is no one wireless standard for audio (Bluetooth is close, but the quality isn't good enough for these speakers), so anything we picked would likely box-out half of our potential customers and go obsolete in a few years. Our thought was that an external device can easily and less expensively be changed over the years as wireless evolves, protecting your investment in Vanatoo.

I hope this clears it up! We had a great time at RMAF and were well received. Thanks to all who stopped in!

---- Hi Streamer; I forgot to welcome you: Welcome! :b ...And please, post some more. :b

Bob

---- Yes sir Greg! :b

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
All you you need is good music and an entry level system. You can go all the way to Mike Llavigne if you like. The notion that the high end is all about money just does not hold water.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
All you you need is good music and an entry level system. You can go all the way to Mike Llavigne if you like. The notion that the high end is all about money just does not hold water.

+1. As long as your primary focus is music, a well thought-out system of almost any cost can deliver the goods with as much satisfaction. Mike's system would blow mine into oblivion, but I guarantee you I enjoy my music as much as he does.

This brings up an interesting point though. Are people with true high-end systems better able to evaluate recordings?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
This brings up an interesting point though. Are people with true high-end systems better able to evaluate recordings?

I would think so John. Hopefully when you have your new speakers optimized in your room you will be able to hear things in your recordings that maybe you didn't hear before and/or you will hear them in a more meaningful way because the information you hear will be more complete in terms of FR (and possibly lower in distortion) than what you heard before. We are all waiting to hear your thoughts about your new speakers and I personally hope you are delighted with them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing