New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Celtics have exactly the same wins now as the Cavs. Thanks to a win by the C's over the Pacers today. And Cavs got a drubbing from the Nuggets. That is always good news. :D

The only thing that is blurring the C's success is the absence to a true and tested superstar, if winning the title right now is the goal. The Ainge has done an incredible job in the rebuild after the Big 3 era. Trading for IT, Crowder and getting Horford as a FA were good news, and the best news for me is the positive development of their younger players like Olynyk, Smart, Rozier and even rookie Jaylen Brown is some kind of a microwave when he comes in. We'll take it one step of the time and hope this transforms into playoff wins and advancements. The future looks bright, and we got a shot at the top 3 lottery this June even! :D

Celtics are definitely looking good. Credit to Ainge for great strategy rebuilding the team. They are more than solid now and still have more arrows in the quiver with great draft picks in the future.

Almost forgot, Brad Stevens is an excellent coach, too.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Celtics are definitely looking good. Credit to Ainge for great strategy rebuilding the team. They are more than solid now and still have more arrows in the quiver with great draft picks in the future.

Almost forgot, Brad Stevens is an excellent coach, too.

I agree. I hope they go deep into the playoffs and I still feel that the Cavs are beatable

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lot of noise this morning about Devin Booker of the Suns scoring 70 against the Celtics last night - in a game the Celtics won big. Apparently the Suns were pulling every trick in the book to get points for Booker.

I wasn't familiar with Devin Booker. He played one year in college for Kentucky. Looks like the Suns think he is going to be a great player.

Best game yesterday was in the NCAA tourney when Florida pulled out a last second win against Wisconsin.

Wisconsin made an incredible comeback to take the lead only to lose on a last second three pointer by the Gators.

In other college BB news, Lonzo Ball's father is setting his kid up to get beat up when he gets to the NBA. Do your kid a favor and shut up, Dad.

Sadness here in Tucson as Xavier upset Arizona to keep the Wildcats out of the Final Four yet again.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lot of noise this morning about Devin Booker of the Suns scoring 70 against the Celtics last night - in a game the Celtics won big. Apparently the Suns were pulling every trick in the book to get points for Booker.

I wasn't familiar with Devin Booker. He played one year in college for Kentucky. Looks like the Suns think he is going to be a great player.

Best game yesterday was in the NCAA tourney when Florida pulled out a last second win against Wisconsin.

Wisconsin made an incredible comeback to take the lead only to lose on a last second three pointer by the Gators.

In other college BB news, Lonzo Ball's father is setting his kid up to get beat up when he gets to the NBA. Do your kid a favor and shut up, Dad.

Sadness here in Tucson as Xavier upset Arizona to keep the Wildcats out of the Final Four yet again.

Never heard of a Booker but I read he's now in the company of Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan in th 70 points club. :D

Saw the clip of the Florida game, awesome ending. In such games, it's a pity there should be a loser. But it's all part of the game.

And yesterday, I read that Blake Griffin is 'open' to coming, or going to Boston as a Free Agent. Hmmm. That doesn't seem to thrill me. What would is a player named Marc Gasol. :D

Steve Williams

Cleveland loses and Boston is suddenly 0.5 games out.

Going to be a great race to the finish

In the west I am hoping the Blazers get the 8th and final play off spot. They are an exciting team to watch.

And once again the Lakers get the lottery

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cleveland loses and Boston is suddenly 0.5 games out.

I saw highlights of the Cavs Wizards game. John Wall went ballistic. And Beal is definitely up there helping the Wizards. They are dangerous come playoff time.

Steve Williams

I saw highlights of the Cavs Wizards game. John Wall went ballistic. And Beal is definitely up there helping the Wizards. They are dangerous come playoff time.

My mantra is "Cavs can be beaten"

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mine is "Pacers are too painful to watch" LOL

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics beat the Heat tonight and for the first time is tied with the Cav in percentage points in the East for first place. I am not kidding as when I see the 12 man roster of the Celtics, each one of them can shoot and make a 3. Amazing how Brad Stevens have molded this team, as any 5 players on the floor as a 3 point threat is likely to spread out the defense of the opposing team, and create many possibilities on offense. Hoping that everyone stays healthy and we can give a Cavs a good run if we meet them.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mine is "Pacers are too painful to watch" LOL

I feel they have good players on the roster, Jack, so I guess it boils down to the synergy with the coach.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I feel they have good players on the roster, Jack, so I guess it boils down to the synergy with the coach.

That inconsistency in effort just may be a coaching problem. Stevens seems like a Jedi master as he harnesses the fire in his players. I also think part of the problem is that second unit, it is a big largely ineffectual one. IF the Pacers get into the playoffs I wonder what would happen if they went to a smaller rotation. It won't solve their rebounding problems but offense should improve. I don't see them getting past the first round even if they do get in. They need a Rodman type of player going forward. I still think PG should be a 2 and Young the 3 as that is really TYoung's natural position. The future is not looking bright. What happened Larry Legend?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That inconsistency in effort just may be a coaching problem. Stevens seems like a Jedi master as he harnesses the fire in his players. I also think part of the problem is that second unit, it is a big largely ineffectual one. IF the Pacers get into the playoffs I wonder what would happen if they went to a smaller rotation. It won't solve their rebounding problems but offense should improve. I don't see them getting past the first round even if they do get in. They need a Rodman type of player going forward. I still think PG should be a 2 and Young the 3 as that is really TYoung's natural position. The future is not looking bright. What happened Larry Legend?

Well, maybe only ONE ex-Celtic should be doing good at a time, in the person of Danny Ainge. :D

With the looming free agency of PG13, it doesn't really look too bright indeed of the Pacers.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Only 10 games left in the regular season and it's playoff time!

Cavs-Spurs tonight. Hope there is no 'star resting' phenomenon. If Cavs lose, Celtics officially and temporarily take 1st place in the East! :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cavs are down 31 points early in the 4th in San Antonio

The Cavs can be beaten should be our mantra

Woohoo!

I gladly adopt the mantra, Steve.

Beat the Cavs!!!

Beat the Cavs!!!

My C's are in first place, as unlikely as it sounds, not in the Atlantic, but in the East! :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Woohoo!

I gladly adopt the mantra, Steve.

Beat the Cavs!!!

Beat the Cavs!!!

My C's are in first place, as unlikely as it sounds, not in the Atlantic, but in the East! :D

Looks like some four leaf clovers grew because of your pilgrimage to Boston Phil :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like some four leaf clovers grew because of your pilgrimage to Boston Phil :D

That hasn't crossed my mind, Jack, but now that you mentioned it, probably my trip to the TD Garden had an effect on all this 'surge'. :D

Before the game started, I really wanted to step or touch the parquet floor, even a square foot of it, so I tried to inch down my ring side seat where a burly security man was on an alert position and when I was about 2 steps to the parquet, he hollered and stopped me cold. I casually told him I came all the way from the Philippines and he acted like he never heard me at all. :D

Steve Williams

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing