Wireworld double blind test of cables?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Was reading the list of presentations at the upcoming home theater cruise and saw this:

"Beyond ABX: Scientific Credibility For High End Audio
Presented by David Salz, President of Wireworld Cable Technology
David will discuss recent developments in audio testing. ABX style listening tests are often cited as proving that upgrade cables and amplifiers don’t really improve sound quality, despite the possibility that the test methods were simply inadequate. For decades, those claims have shed a negative light on our industry, suggesting that many HiFi manufacturers are selling snake oil. The big news on this issue is that a major university study, utilizing Wireworld’s newly improved double-blind listening tests, is providing the first scientific proof that superior cables and electronics actually improve sound quality."

I did a search and see tidbits dating back to 2007 on this but no real description of said studies. Does anyone know where they are documented? Here is a bit of press from them:

http://www.cepro.com/article/print/...ology_in_new_equinox_52_speaker_cables_an/K35

"Our philosophy has always been that the ideal cable is one that sounds most like a direct connection in double-blind listening tests" explains Wireworld president and chief engineer David Salz. "The audible coloration and dynamic compression of conventional cables is primarily caused by electromagnetic field effects. To minimize these problems, the spacing between the two polarities needs to be completely uniform, and carefully tuned. Our new DNA technology optimizes these critical parameters, providing a dramatic step forward in overall fidelity and performance compared to our previous designs, and those of our competitors."

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amir, I was a subscriber to Audio Ideas Guide (AIG), and Ultra-High Fidelity (UHF) mags for many many years. And there were several articles on Wireworld cables (Interconnects, Speaker wires, AC power cords), and with A-B-C testing (Wireworld special Comparator Box from David Salz), and double blind listening tests.

I would have to locate my AIG Winter 1998 issue, as the interview with David Salz is not avail online (or at least from my search).
...As well other articles on this very subject regarding Wireworld, David Salz, and double blind listening tests on all things CABLES related; plus scientific A-B-C testing and measurements.

Meanwhile, here's some to read that might have interest to some of us:

* http://www.audio-ideas.com/reviews/aurora.html

* http://www.audio-ideas.com/reviews/cables/kimber-select.html

* http://www.uhfmag.com/Issue71/UHF71.pdf ==> Go to page 30.

P.S. If truly of great interest, with a clear direction on what exactly you, or others would like to read information about, in regards to Cables and Double Blind listening tests; I will locate the relevant mags from my basement (a huge library of Audio/Video mags), and try my very best at typing the most important articles and reviews on this subject (stuff that is not accessible online of course).
Because this is extremely time consuming, hence the reason of my specific postcript.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing