View Poll Results: Any Changes to the Analog Front-End Being Contemplated?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • None, have reached analog nirvana!

10 16.13%
  • Turntable

21 33.87%
  • Cartridge

25 40.32%
  • Arm

18 29.03%
  • Phono cable

9 14.52%
  • Phono section

18 29.03%
  • New base/stand

8 12.90%
  • Speed control

5 8.06%
  • Platter, clamp, motor, plinth, etc.

9 14.52%
  • Set-up Tools

4 6.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Any Changes to the Analog Front-End Being Contemplated?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
    I'm really happy for you Fred! I love the look of that tonearm...it's so different and unconventional looking. Is there a tube underneath to hold the wiring?
    No John, no tube. The wiring is attached to the underside of the arm with some kind of black matting that is adhered to the underside. I really don't know what that part is made of.
    ...Get Along Kid Charlemagne...

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    There is a new AirTight PC-1 Opus Magnum. I have not heard much about it yet other than the $15,000 price.
    I'm slammin' on the cart brakes for now I'm good with the Ti, GFS and Atlas on the 3 Elite wands.

I can't seem to decide on which cart will go on the Kuzy. XV-1t? Koetsu Jade Platinum? I'm confused!

I'll be keeping a Phantom 2 and Tri 7 U2 on my TW and using that in another system. The Proteus and either the XV-1t or Jade will go with that table. An Ultra Eminent and A90 on standby Phantom II wands. I really like the Koetsu/Triplanar combo so that will be more likely.
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built, Stromtank

I may be upgrading to a Redpoint Model D tt with a Triplaner VII arm and ZYX Universe cart. The negotiations have begun, we shall see if the price is right or not...

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] rblnr's Avatar
    I am relatively analog ignorant and am sure that my predilection for direct drive is irrational, and unlike other a/v componentry leanings I have, is absolutely undertested experientially.

So I pre-ordered a Technics 1200GLE and can't wait for delivery.
    -- Bob

Industry participation disclosure: dealer for Paradigm, Anthem, NAD, Scaena, The Clue loudspeaker, AMR/iFi, Hegel, Bluesound, PS Audio, Artnovion acoustic treatment www.outreachav.com

That would be the GAE my friend and from what I've seen the goodies are in the innards. Still a huge jump from the M5G price wise to the GAE. HUGE! On paper however a core less DD motor? That is definitely something.

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built, Stromtank

Quote Originally Posted by JackD201 View Post
    That would be the GAE my friend and from what I've seen the goodies are in the innards. Still a huge jump from the M5G price wise to the GAE. HUGE! On paper however a core less DD motor? That is definitely something.
    Don't even get her name right

Looks like a remaster of the innards and motor. Special edition gets a magnesium arm vs aluminum for the stock version that will follow
    -- Bob

Industry participation disclosure: dealer for Paradigm, Anthem, NAD, Scaena, The Clue loudspeaker, AMR/iFi, Hegel, Bluesound, PS Audio, Artnovion acoustic treatment www.outreachav.com

The new platter looks very interesting too. The platter was always a rather weak point of the 1200s. They rang like bells. This new one looks much more solid. I would love to get a chance to A/B the 5G with the GAE. I have identical carts for them. I also like that the IC is no longer captive. That was also something that was a problem. They had a tendency of getting yanked and you'd have to open her up to fix her.

Quote Originally Posted by JackD201 View Post
    The new platter looks very interesting too. The platter was always a rather weak point of the 1200s. They rang like bells. This new one looks much more solid. I would love to get a chance to A/B the 5G with the GAE. I have identical carts for them. I also like that the IC is no longer captive. That was also something that was a problem. They had a tendency of getting yanked and you'd have to open her up to fix her.
    Matsushita certainly has the engineering horsepower and materials expertise to build something great, and it looks as they they committed in that direction here.
    -- Bob

My Luxman PD-375 (Direct Drive with Vacuum hold down) just died. I am looking for a modest cost replacement, either new or used. Belt or Direct Drive, Lift Off lever, or automatic. looking, lol!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910