Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harmonic Resolution Systems or Grand Prix Audio ?

Harmonic Resolution Systems or Grand Prix Audio ?

Very hard to compare these racks here in the UK so I wonder if anyone has gone from one to the other and why?

Many thanks in advance for any replies

Quote Originally Posted by Bobalob View Post
    Very hard to compare these racks here in the UK so I wonder if anyone has gone from one to the other and why?

Many thanks in advance for any replies
    I bet this is hard to get a compare.

I have gone from Finite Elemente Pagode to Grand Prix Siliverstone F1. Substantial (as in big) improvements. And the Finite Elemente is no slouch... I also had GPA Monaco amp stand that I swapped out for a GPA Silverstone F1 stand...I was floored...it's like getting a new amp.
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x4)

Addicted to Best!
    Bobalob, agreed. Even if you had a dealer near you that carried both brands, stands are almost impossible to compare and even more impossible to try before buying. I know JFRECH and have heard his system. He is getting excellent results with Grand Prix. I am getting excellent results with HRS. I have the SXR rack and S1, S3 component shelves. I too upgraded from Finite Elemente Pagode. Once my components were sitting on HRS, the improvement I heard in bass, instrument placement, depth of stage were not subtle or difficult to hear. I highly recommend the HRS. Good luck. Either way, you win.

Addicted to Best!
    Frank750 has gone thru several iterations and manufacturers i believe, and then settled on the full-on HRS M-series rack. I think he was amazed even after his trials to find out how much better his system became once he had settled into the full-on HRS M-Rack. Frank?
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: TA Opus Gen5&MM2 + PAD 25th Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex.Mullard
    Headphone: Sennheiser 650 . Arcam rHead . ApogeeGroove

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Attachment 30681Attachment 30680
    Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    Frank750 has gone thru several iterations and manufacturers i believe, and then settled on the full-on HRS M-series rack. I think he was amazed even after his trials to find out how much better his system became once he had settled into the full-on HRS M-Rack. Frank?
    I went through a few racks, Finite, not Grand Prix but I looked at and listened to CMS.

Before deciding on the HRS, I had a Steve Blinn rack and had all equipment on Stillpoints Ultra 5s. I thought I was getting fairly good performance until the HRS was installed. It's a lifetime piece as far as I'm concerned.

Name:  HRS .JPG
Views: 781
Size:  795.1 KB
    Speakers: The Sonus Faber (Fenice); Amplifier: Pass Labs Xs300; Preamp: ARC Ref 10; Phono Pre: ARC Ref 10 Phono; Analog: TechDAS Air Force 2, Graham 10" Elite Arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement, Koetsu Coralstone Platinum; Digital: Esoteric Grandioso K1; Cables: Nordost Odin; Power Conditioning: Torus 90A Wall Mount Panel, Furutech NCF outlets; Equipment Rack: HRS MXR, SRA Ohio-Class XL Plus isoBase; Room Treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Stillpoints Apertures

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Beautiful Rack Frank and I agree that performance at such a level makes these lifers in anyone's system. I found exactly the same with my CMS racks. They aren't going anywhere but staying in my system
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    USA Dealer of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank750 View Post

I went through a few racks, Finite, not Grand Prix but I looked at and listened to CMS.

Before deciding on the HRS, I had a Steve Blinn rack and had all equipment on Stillpoints Ultra 5s. I thought I was getting fairly good performance until the HRS was installed. It's a lifetime piece as far as I'm concerned.

If I had to buy new racks tomorrow, I would handle this picture and just say - "just as you supplied to Frank". They are the more exquisite and best looking racks I have ever seen.

BTW, what is the model?
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    If I had to buy new racks tomorrow, I would handle this picture and just say - "just as you supplied to Frank". They are the more exquisite and best looking racks I have ever seen.

BTW, what is the model?
    Mine is a custom MXR but he has a new reference version called VXR that is supposed to be even better.
    Speakers: The Sonus Faber (Fenice); Amplifier: Pass Labs Xs300; Preamp: ARC Ref 10; Phono Pre: ARC Ref 10 Phono; Analog: TechDAS Air Force 2, Graham 10" Elite Arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement, Koetsu Coralstone Platinum; Digital: Esoteric Grandioso K1; Cables: Nordost Odin; Power Conditioning: Torus 90A Wall Mount Panel, Furutech NCF outlets; Equipment Rack: HRS MXR, SRA Ohio-Class XL Plus isoBase; Room Treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Stillpoints Apertures

Someone tested Artesania Exoteryc rack?
    I am interesting to buy this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank750 View Post

Fantastic looking rack! Any comments on SRA sound vs CMS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast