A corner with no truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Blizzard's ban was for 3 days. Let's see if he comes back before we figure out how to bury him. :D

Hew

Mar 21, 2014
I didn't agree with all he had to say but he did bring some fresh insights and vitality to a forum that was becoming somewhat blasé.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I hope when he returns the state of peacefulness I've been enjoying on the forum will continue.

Hew, I like that word "blasé". I agree, because I've learned about some interesting things from Blizzard but I'm not into trying to argue the entire forum into using Ncore's and streamers; particularly by declaring unrest in everyone's system that does not have them. And I don't want every topic to become a Blizzard.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Cool thread; Mike is a straight up guy. ...Energy/passion/knowledge ... aplenty.

@ night he walks in cemeteries among the tombstones and resurrect entire dead cemetery villages from the ashes of the underground world.
Very true; I saw it from my very own leftover eye.
{? see avatar}

Anyway, if one knows best it's him...and me...and you...and her...and them...and all of us. Go r2d2 go!

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Never ceases to amaze me when people can't simply "change the channel" and skip stuff they disagree with when it's clearly a religious battle nobody can (or perhaps should) win. OTOH I am as guilty as the next guy... I am trying to stay out of threads where I am not wanted and my opinion clearly clashes with the OP's; my stress level is high enough as it is.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
It's quite cathartic to fire off a counterpoint response ...
Mike is a good guy re his tech knowledge..pity he puts it across so agressively and is so dogmatic that everything has to be his way .. or no way

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
I don't see what's in it for Mike in relation to coming back. I like Mike, I like his posting style. For me the passive aggression that's a near constant theme with some members is far far worse than anything Mike has posted.

If he chooses not to come back this area should remain! I would move it to the digital area as its such a great resource for people that could be missed down here.

I would publicly like to thank Mike for what he has bought to the forum and for be being such fun and offer no if buts or maybes just thank you mate.

I would also like to recognise the efforts of our King in regard to keeping Mike here despite the pressure. If nothing else here is a great resource for your efforts.

Mike, I found you informative and amusing at all times so if this is the end Bon voyage my learned friend.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Mike never stayed in his corner. History teaches us that it is not enough to press your position. You must destroy the opposition. It is not sufficient that solid state does it for you. Or that digital floats your boat. No you have attack anything to the contrary.
Yes you can always change the channel. One day you will wake up and find there is no alternate channel.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Man a guy can't even go on vacation without the trolling in blizzards corner taking a rest.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Well I see we have a nice mix of the usual whiners, combined with a few great guys. I also noticed the same whiners continued to whine on even while I was away. I suppose the only thing that would ever stop them is if they were the only ones left. Then I can imagine they will just stare into the mirror as the tears roll down their faces.

The Entreq Tellus grounding,in england thread. Wow, unbelievable how much the brainwashed will defend a box full of soiled cat litter. Do these guys work for the company, or are they seriously that dense?

Man a guy can't even go on vacation without the trolling in blizzards corner taking a rest.

Thanks Mike for providing a crystal clear example of my point. Not only do you not stay in your corner you come out swinging.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Thanks Mike for providing a crystal clear example of my point. Not only do you not stay in your corner you come out swinging.

This is my corner. Not sure what the whiners are doing over here?

Anyways, I heard that there may be someone rejoining the forum who might actually have the knowledge to make some real contributions, rather than cry and suppress innovation. This will be a refreshing change.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
,..This will be a refreshing change...

Nah. It'll be the same old song.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
,..This will be a refreshing change...

Nah. It'll be the same old song.

As long is there's no pops or clicks in the background, I'll listen to it :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
Only the pops of burst blood vessels....

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
This is kinda like flicking spitballs at a rhino hoping it will stop charging

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing