New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Let the drama begin...

Mike Brown Says Tyronn Lue's Comments on Defending Celtics, Warriors Are 'Cute'

"The stuff they're running, it's harder to defend than Golden State's (offense) for me, as far as the actions and all the running around and all the guys who are making all the plays, so it's a totally different thing," he said. "Like, they hit the post, Golden State runs splits and all that stuff but these guys are running all kinds of (stuff). And Brad's (Stevens) got them moving and cutting and playing with pace and everybody is a threat."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...mments-on-defending-celtics-warriors-are-cute

---And that was a Celtics team without IT. Is Lue saying it because he was an ex-Celtics assistant coach? :D

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Remember betting odds are different . They are designed to even out the betting.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Fanning the 'comparison' flame:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/americ...n/news-story/ddd6e865289fa7c17085305aad8e4412

What I find very interesting is this:

"People like to pretend Michael Jordan would average 50 points per game in the modern NBA because of the lack of a hand-checking rule.

They conveniently ignore that the elimination of hand-checking wasn’t the only defensive rule change in the early 2000s. The NBA also modified the illegal defense rule, allowing teams to play hybrid man-zone scheme all over the court.

That change affected post players big and small — from the likes of Shaquille O’Neal to, yes, His Airness. Defenses could now send a soft double-team at you before you even caught the ball, instead of having to wait to help under the old rules."

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

If I'm not mistaken, last year's Vegas odds favored the Warriors too, for the title. Odds do not or cannot take into account factors that are uncontrollable, like injuries and suspensions. Hopefully there are none in this series.

The way I see it, it's KD's time, for redemption, or for agony. He's waited many years to be back in the Show, I'll be happy to see him achieve that goal. You put 2 'bolting villains' together, I choose the lesser evil. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The NBA Finals this year is the clash of 2 evil empires. There will be debate as to which empire is more or less evil. :D

I have aligned myself with the underdog from the east.

The Cavs should designate at least one hatchet man to counter the nefarious Draymond Green and his partner in pain Zaza Pachulia.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The NBA Finals this year is the clash of 2 evil empires. There will be debate as to which empire is more or less evil. :D

The Cavs should designate at least one hatchet man to counter the nefarious Draymond Green and his partner in pain Zaza Pachulia.

Edy Tavares? 7'3". Certainly he can be fit for the job. They won't miss him if he gets thrown out or suspended. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I think Pachulia is just plain clumsy. The other superstar he injured this year was his own teammate Durant!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Last I check the scoreboard starts 0 games and 0 points.
Let us not forget Michael had maybe 2 more championships in him when the Bulls were allowed to dosband.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It is June 1st and the NBA Finals are getting started today (I thought basketball - and hockey - were winter sports).

As previously noted, I will be rooting for my home state Cavaliers.

One reminder to Edy Tavares - you know what you have to do. Start with Curry, then Durant, then Thompson. You have 6 fouls to give tonight so make them count. More fun to watch Draymond suffer as his cohorts drop one by one.

Under normal circumstances I would be opposed to such actions but the Warriors need to know there is a pay back for their filthy, dirty play.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Anybody think the Cavs can win? While I think LeBron is the best player on Earth, I just don't see how they beat the Warriors.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Anybody think the Cavs can win? While I think LeBron is the best player on Earth, I just don't see how they beat the Warriors.

Yes, I do think the Cavs can win. They are not the favorites certainly.

They did come back from a 3 - 1 deficit last year to humiliate the Warriors.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Yes, I do think the Cavs can win. They are not the favorites certainly.

They did come back from a 3 - 1 deficit last year to humiliate the Warriors.

granted but lets not forget Curry was injured

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
granted but lets not forget Curry was injured

The Warriors may not even be in the Finals if Kawhi Leonard hadn't been undercut and injured.

As I recall, Curry played in game 7 last year and missed the final shot due to outstanding defense by Kevin Love.

Just watched a replay and Curry seemed to be moving quite well.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Can the Cavaliers match or limit GSW 3 point shooting? Of course LeBron is the X factor.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It was a KD show. He has waited for another chance, and he chose a team he believes will give him the best chance. Great on both ends of the court tonight. And the Warriors were like a well oiled machine on the defensive end too, with Iggy, Green, and KD bothering the bigs of the Cavs. That is what other teams miss, those kind of players to stop the Cavs inside game. It's just Game 1, both teams have more work to do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing