New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Harden tied to beat the Warriors all by himself, hugging the ball, dribbling and shooting ALL by himself. Warriors responded by a swirling team offense that took the Rockets out with lots of time remaining. On to Game 7 in Houston.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Looks like the Warriors are back.

Received a text from a friend at the end of the first quarter giving the game to the Rockets.

Way too soon to call I thought as either of these teams can go on a big run at any time.

Warriors came back with a vengeance to win big.

Should be a fun game 7 in the West.

Celtics and Cavs are going to game 7 as well.

I've actually had more fun watching these playoffs than when the Clippers were in the playoffs.

Not being emotionally involved with one team let me appreciate good play by other teams and players.

Didn't have to wipe away any tears either. ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've actually had more fun watching these playoffs than when the Clippers were in the playoffs.

Not being emotionally involved with one team let me appreciate good play by other teams and players.

Didn't have to wipe away any tears either. ;)

Sometimes I wonder why we guys in the pursuit of sports happiness have to have this emotional roller coaster. As they say, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. My wife will never understand that, and all she asks when I'm watching a game is, is the game LIVE? Then walks away. :D The other day, my friend in Fremont texted me during game 5 where the game was tight between the Rockets and the Warriors that he felt so stressed by such a close game and said he needed to take his meds. A while ago prior to Game 6 I texted him to relax and his reply was the he was going to church to ask for divine intervention and what do you know, the Warriors had a miracle of sorts by wiping out a 17 point deficit and won in the end. :D As for my C's tomorrow, I can't bear to watch so I will be muting my cell phone and stay away from my laptop till about 11 o'clock. Everyone has written off the C's, including Paul Pierce, I know he is being objective. :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I thought it was truly an emotional game.The Warriors could do nothing right and the Rockets could do nothing wrong. They finish the half on a bit of a run to close to 61-51

Then the second half was a totally different Warriors team.....like the eon that has won championships. They destroyed the Rockets in the 4th period with the Rockets scoring only 4 points by the halfway mark of the 4th. They were dropping 3's from every where on the court. Steph and Durant and Green looked terrible in the first half.

It's be an interesting game especially if Iggy plays and CP3 doesn't.It's interesting to watch the Rockets style of isolation basketball with few if any assists whereas the Warriors assists last night showed what kind of team they are

Hopefully the Celts will prevail because of home court in the other game

This is the 1st time since 1979 that both East and West conferences have gone to a 7th game

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pressure indeed for the players who have not been to game 7s. Time to move to next season. It was an unexpected ride really and the C's fought to the last game. Looking forward for a healthy lineup next season.

Now, hoping the Warriors can win tomorrow.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Celtics had a very strong playoff run. For a young team with two key players out with injuries it was an outstanding performance.

Seems to me the Celtics are well positioned for the future and will be exciting to watch next year as they mature. Celtics fans should be very optimistic.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Celtics had a very strong playoff run. For a young team with two key players out with injuries it was an outstanding performance.

Seems to me the Celtics are well positioned for the future and will be exciting to watch next year as they mature. Celtics fans should be very optimistic.

Thanks for the encouraging words, Mike. To say this season was a roller coaster ride for the Celtics is a tremendous understatement. Honestly, after Hayward went down and the C's lost 2 games in a row, lottery was painted all over my head, no kidding. Then they went on this far after losing Kyrie, for a Game 7 where the stat lines show the young players had a real bad night shooting when all the marbles are laid on the floor. This is where 'stars' shine, and we C's had no such star in the big stage, save for the fantastic showing of rookie Jayson Tatum. Experience is still experience, and it cannot be rushed nor bought. Celtics fan can't ask for more save for some 'sighs' in not getting the final game, but that is the sports learning curve. The youngster have to have it.

I am hoping the Warriors will prevail tomorrow.

Steve Williams

Another unbelievable win by the Warriors as the played like crap in the first half with nothing falling for KD and Thompson picking up 3 quick fouls in the first few minutes of the game and down by 11. A total turn around by the Warriors and collapse by the Rockets left the Warriors with a big lead at the end of 3.

The Warriors then played Warriors ball for the remainder of the game. Frequent intentional fouls on Capella in the last few minutes totally disrupted the flow of the Rockets.

As exciting a series I have seen in many years (as was the Celts/Cavs series) but the Warriors just know how to play basketball better than the Rockets and IMO are better coached

I also thought Harden checked out in the final 3 minutes when he knew they were going to lose. He lost his tenacity

Rockets set a record with 28 consecutive missed 3 pointers

Final score Warriors 101 Rockets 92

Some final thoughts all IMHO

1. The better team won
2. The Warriors are a better coached team
3. D'Antoni sucks as a coach and once again his run and gun offense with no Dee put the handwriting on the wall.
4. You can't beat the Warriors with isolation offense because all it boils down is isolation or a 3 as they have no mid range game
5.I feel bad about Chris Paul but I also believe the Rockets stole first place in the west because of all of the Warriors injuries
6 D'Antoni looked like he was going to die of an apoplectic fit countless times on the sideline

Biggest fear...LeBron will carry his team to the finish line.I can't see that happening but you never know

This is an exciting NBA playoff season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Happy to see the Warriors advance. I was wincing at the thought of the Rockets advancing to the Finals without Paul. There were stretches in the first half where I was amazed at the toughness of Eric Gordon, but in the end the size and quality of 'material' showed. KD was just going to shoot when he sees Gordon guarding him. And Curry and Thompson went crazy in alternating spurts. They are the defending champs and they should defend it again with what they do best. Hope Iggy comes back.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I noticed some similarities with these two conference finals.

Both ended in game 7.

Both home teams lost.

Both home teams were up somewhere in the first half.

Both home teams that lost shot a ton of brick 3s.

Both home teams that lost did not have their starting point guard in game 7.

But the difference is the east home team lost to 1 guy and the west home team lost to 3.

On to the Finals that will determine 1 guy's free agency decision. :D

We have a few days rest before game 1.

Steve Williams

Great observations Phil.

Every time you mention LeBron and free agency I cringe at the thought that Magic will trade big for him and give up the new kids who show potential. I think Luke is a good coach but not nearly as good as Brad

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great observations Phil.

Every time you mention LeBron and free agency I cringe at the thought that Magic will trade big for him and give up the new kids who show potential. I think Luke is a good coach but not nearly as good as Brad

If James wins it all, I'm guessing he'll definitely stay. I mean, what champion LEAVES his team after 1 month? Pretty insane.

AND, Steve, I would not be too worried if he loses and leaves. My readings now point to Houston to unite with banana boat buddy Paul. :D And Mike is not the coach that James will shove around because he lets you do anything anyway. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Their journeys to the finals sure weren't easy this year. Much as I want to hate LBJ, as a fan of the game I can't help but watch in awe. If the Cavs win it all, the GOAT debate will get really heated, really quickly IMO. I don't think MJ ever had to do THIS much. That said.....Dubs in 6! Hehehehe!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Their journeys to the finals sure weren't easy this year. Much as I want to hate LBJ, as a fan of the game I can't help but watch in awe. If the Cavs win it all, the GOAT debate will get really heated, really quickly IMO. I don't think MJ ever had to do THIS much. That said.....Dubs in 6! Hehehehe!

I should create a hashtag called #dubsmashcavs6. :D Though I really like 4 or 5. :D

The GOAT debate has already started, along those lines, and this meme from a May 9 post by Joy Taylor, the moderator of FS1 Undisputed:

32087084_1893671637351783_7227851491497738240_n.jpg

And the expected flood of comments, and my estimate is 75% do not agree with Joy. :D

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Bummer that Paul was out, would liked to have seen that game w/Rockets at full strength. Celts just weren't quite ready yet, Brown and Rozier had horrible games -- still amazing though how Lebron carried a very mediocre bunch on his shoulders.

Does anybody think the Cavs have the slightest chance against GS? I certainly don't.

On another topic: only stop for Lebron that makes sense to me is San Antonio. Plays with Aldridge and Leonard, proves he can be coached and buy into a system, blah blah blah, and it's not a team either a) on the verge of winning (see Houston/Philly maybe) or b) too far away for his timeframe (see Lakers)

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I should create a hashtag called #dubsmashcavs6. :D Though I really like 4 or 5. :D

The GOAT debate has already started, along those lines, and this meme from a May 9 post by Joy Taylor, the moderator of FS1 Undisputed:

View attachment 41422

And the expected flood of comments, and my estimate is 75% do not agree with Joy. :D

Despite all the comments, as we saw last night, the "game" today sucks compared to when MJ played. Houston went 7 for 44 from the 3 point line. Think of that??

Today's game is built around the 3, spread offense, no defense, no hand checking where you have 3 to 4 guys set up around the 3 point line, one guy like a Lebron who just drives down the middle, not allowed to be fouled and IF contested he flips it out for the 3; of course this when they are not running and gunning after a defensive rebound. Of course what is the scenario for a Lebron (Westrbook, Harden, etc, take your pick) is that he either scores, gets a rebound or an assist and stats are as a result padded. The game has been modified to please the equivalent of the long ball fans in baseball.

When MJ played, DESPITE, what some pundits like to believe, there was defense, the game was not built around the 3, MJ got his ass kicked every single time he made a move and there was no 5 feet between offensive player and defensive player. IF a guy like MJ let his man get the ball, he was in their shorts on D. Today, no one overplays on D, there is at least 5 feet between the guy with the ball and his defensive man.

DESPITE what the pundits like to say, the players (with few exceptions) were better and more balanced in their games. The teams were better and more balanced.

DESPITE what the pundits like to say, Lebron has had better talent than MJ. The best MJ had during his quest for his 6 championships was Pippen who was nothing before MJ, nothing when MJ retired for baseball and nothing after MJ. When I see Cowherd, a Lebron sycophant start listing "Luke Longley" as a "great" that MJ had that Lebron lacked I have to laugh. Luke Longley sucked. The second best player he had during his drive was Rodman, a great role player for the game back then. Compare the "talent" MJ had to those that Lebron has had and it isn't close. Plus there is literally no parity in the league now. The NBA kind of sucks. I predicted in the beginning of the playoffs that it was going to be Cleveland v. Warriors BUT where I was wrong, was that I thought both of these series would be blowouts in 5 or at most 6 games.

Lastly, no one had the killer instinct that MJ had. No one should forget the game when he played with 103 fever, Scottie was nowhere to be found, neither was anyone else and MJ literally won the game against Utah to allow them to move on despite all the pundits claiming the Bulls were finished. Anyone remember MJ being carried off the court.

Now having said the above, I have become a Lebron believer. He is an AMAZING talent, with amazing strength, agility and athletic ability. Today's game is made for him. IMHO, he is better today, than he would have been in MJ's era.

These games have been very hard to watch.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing