Z506 Subwoofer making obscenely loud noise

Azareath

Oct 21, 2017
Hi everyone, I am not sure if where I have posted this is right but here goes.

I have a Z506 Logitech 5.1 surround sound. I purchased about 2 months ago brand new and didn't have a problem at all until about 3 weeks ago.

The issue has been on and off. After everything I have done to resolve this issue I have narrowed it down to the subwoofer and possibly the on/off control/speaker.

I have uploaded a small but hopefully long enough clip for you to get the jist of the sound. This sound is the same no matter the volume on the control speaker with the exception of being completely set at 0% volume, the loudness of this sound is amazingly high therefore I could only go for a couple seconds audio I have unplugged the 4 other speakers (back left, right and front left +centre) the only one left connected to the subwoofer is the on/off speaker that controls the volume.

This sound persists no matter what. I have tried switching different mains power outlets, extension all sorts.

I only use this system for my PC but even disconnected from it, it must be something with the woofer. Link below for small youtube audio clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVAjbAAXrdw

It's a very short audio capture but that noise is constant and very very loud. I have been banging my head off the table for a while now so it would be great if anyone who has knowledge of this can enlighten me a bit

Thanks in advance.

Azareath

Oct 21, 2017
Hi there, I am sorry I should have taken this down or edited it, I have fixed the issue but only through replacement by store that sold them.

They couldn't tell me what exactly the issue was other than faulty parts and replaced them a few days later.

Thanks for your reply though :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing