San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
And don't forget the Linn Klimax :)

The MiniTwos in the back were not too shabby either, were they? hehehe

Thanks for coming over, man!

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
I've 1/3 of this combo ... and I know what you mean. I keep harping on and seems to be lost on many ios how long the Burmester electronics have been so good: so long they are forgotten when people are listing the best electronics around... The 911 is a 25 years old amp ... I repeat 25 years old .. the 805 is simply astounding in this world of an update per year in High End Audio... 36 years old!!! Having debuted in 1980 !!!!! :eek: :eek:

With the right speakers, meaning very efficient and with well-behaved impedance curve, the 956 gives little to the 911 IME

Burmester was once considered very expensive , now they are kind of middle of the road in term of High End Audio prices and because of that they aren't often not mentioned in the Best at any Price category... Those who own them or have heard them in the proper settings, acquire them and are done .. end of the road for them .. perhaps something many audiophiles secretly don't wish :)

You've right Frantz. In my experience I've listened almost everything of world ultra hi-end market offers (today and in the past) and at my ears Burmester represents one of the very absolute best audio reality with a building, longetivity, reliability and sound quality second to none. It is a TRUE benchmark since many years and really timeless components with a concrete substance in all regards.

Last edited:

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Hi Rocco,

Trust you are doing well.... I agree that the burm power amps put on their best when paired with their own preamp, which is not surprising. Moreover, the gain in soundstage width, air, and slam are substantially enhanced going from stereo to monos.

Cheers

Sujay

Hi Sujay.

All is ok thanks. Just back home from Lima (Peru') after almost 6 months around the world.

All the best.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Round the corner from selfridges , wish i knew it earlier , never heard those Y G s with their machined alu cones.
Would have paid a visit.
I owned a nagra PLP once , it had loss off dynamics too runnning on battery power

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Round the corner from selfridges , wish i knew it earlier , never heard those Y G s with their machined alu cones.
Would have paid a visit

Next time, and borrow my Lampi

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Another good tip for if i go to paris , hearing rockport YG , TAD i heard before.
I always traveled to far and distant places , had nt really seen london /paris lol:D

By the way if you ever go to holland i recommend Kharma in breda as well , they used to have several listening rooms , havent been for a while

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Another good tip for if i go to paris , hearing rockport YG , TAD i heard before.
I always traveled to far and distant places , had nt really seen london /paris lol:D

By the way if you ever go to holland i recommend Kharma in breda as well , they used to have several listening rooms , havent been for a while

Holland has the Apogee Grands. End game. But will try Breda. You can also compare Koda K10 to AR in Holland.

I love the YG set up in that Paris room, listen to it with the Nagra and Luxman m900u, also listen to the Viola Symphony. You can quickly compare with Rockport and TAD.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
You mean www.hifi-advice.com with christiaan in amsterdam??
He has DIVA s currently i think
Where abouts is the Koda sorry dont follow the industry a lot ??:confused:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You mean www.hifi-advice.com with christiaan in amsterdam??
He has DIVA s currently i think
Where abouts is the Koda sorry dont follow the industry a lot ??:confused:

If you can help me get in touch with Christiaan, much appreciated. I have been dying to listen to his set up.

Henk is in Moerkapelle. henk_van_der_hoeven@yahoo.com

Try Amadeus Audio for Koda.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I should pay a visit then to end the ribbon subject once and for all ,i heard magnepans and martin logans on several occasions .
But most failed to me on sheer impact / wooferintegration , but on particular music , hard to fault

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I should pay a visit then to end the ribbon subject once and for all ,i heard magnepans and martin logans on several occasions .
But most failed to me on sheer impact / wooferintegration , but on particular music , hard to fault

Ask him to play you Mars from Holst Planets, a drum duet that he has on low-res mp3 type file, and then baritone and soprano vocals. Organ as well.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Funny thing: here at CES, Nagra is showing their Classic Stereo amp with.... YG Hailey :)
Granted, they're using two in a mono (non-bridged) config. It was actually one of the highlights of today. Will come back tomorrow to try some more challenging music.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Funny thing: here at CES, Nagra is showing their Classic Stereo amp with.... YG Hailey :)
Granted, they're using two in a mono (non-bridged) config. It was actually one of the highlights of today. Will come back tomorrow to try some more challenging music.

Like I said, it needs more drive. Maybe that's why they have monoblocked it

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Like I said, it needs more drive. Maybe that's why they have monoblocked it

Though I will be surprised if just more power gives that drive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing