X1 with 2 board vs 2 X1

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
My friend Marco has L1 P1 X1 with 2 board and A1 mono i had before
We did some test and some song sound better in his system with X1 used only on P1 and some using X1 with 2 board for L1 and P1

Yesterday i brought to his home my X1 so we tested L1 with X1 and P1 with my X1
The difference was dramatic,less noise and more silence,instrument bigger,scene wider and deeper,more transparent,dynamic and sound go out from speaker more easily
Really incredible
From today he start to save money to buy a second X1

Attachments

• IMG_6873.jpg
    IMG_6873.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6869.jpg
    IMG_6869.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 24

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Hi Gian,

Yes, I did this same experiment when I first demo'd CH in my system prior to buying and without a doubt having dedicated X1's on a P1, an L1 and the C1 provide better sound than sharing an X1 with 2 of the components.

Arnie

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Arnie
I know you have L1 and P1 mono
Also I would like to do,but how to do now with L10?
L10 has better quality capacitors and resistors and dedicated power supply and sure sound will be more natural so we see
Will be ready end of this year and P 10 half of next year
Ciao
Gianluigi

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Hi Gianluigi,

I think the only way to know for sure which way to go is to wait and hear the stereo L10 and compare it to the 4 box version of the L1. I would think that the 4 box version of the L10 would be a sonic improvement compared to the 4 box version of the L1, but the question to me is how does the stereo version of the L10 compare to the 4 box version of the L1 and same question for the stereo P10 compared to the 4 box version of the P10. You just have to hear them and do the comparison in your system.

Arnie

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I told to Florian and Eduard in Munich to tell me as soon as they try their ideas about L10 vs L1 stereo and mono
When I can have news I will post

Reactions: Narayan

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Gian60,

You have far more experience than I but personally, my own approach would be if you think the fundamental design/quality of the L10 is higher, buy it...and then build on the L10 as you go. Rather than buy the best configuration of L1...and then in the future keep thinking about the L10 and then eventually trade in for the L10.

I am a 2nd hand buyer of almost everything i own, but even then, i have sought to go for the best of what i could afford and then not trade in/trade up for years. Even if this has meant me being very patient and having to wait longer to do it.

Reactions: Narayan and bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing