Wizard Pay Site

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Anybody joined as yet ?

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
What is the cost to join and other than Wizard has great photos and early info on new gear. What is the difference in this pay site to the other sites on the web. Just wondering

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
Introductory price of US$100. It's one of the best sites for great pictures and early information as you mentioned.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Url?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Just a continuation of the previous blog , with a fee . One of his issues being people lifting pics from his site and posting elsewhere without crediting him . Wouldn't a simple watermark solve that , but it's not that simple , a lot of the wiz's pics are from other sites ,so not proprietary . He does put out some fantastic pics though , whatever his sources .

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Introductory price of US$100. It's one of the best sites for great pictures and early information as you mentioned.

So it is a press breaking news type site with a lot of great pics and not a form type site. The 100 dollar fee is a one time life time membership. Is this about right

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
Still I found it a little bit over the top. None of the other news services be it watches, cars, gizmos are charging an introductory fee or a subscription fee.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Still I found it a little bit over the top. None of the other news services be it watches, cars, gizmos are charging an introductory fee or a subscription fee.

I have no pay pal or the like I have not been googlized so that is the only way to join so I will pass

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Just a continuation of the previous blog , with a fee . One of his issues being people lifting pics from his site and posting elsewhere without crediting him . Wouldn't a simple watermark solve that , but it's not that simple , a lot of the wiz's pics are from other sites ,so not proprietary . He does put out some fantastic pics though , whatever his sources .

I have nothing against Wizard. I know he brings lots of content that people enjoy. and I want him to continue doing what he is doing.

what he does is to communicate directly with manufacturers and gets pictures directly from them. at first he posed as a customer with questions about gear.....asking for pictures and information. he would rework this information into reviews and post them on his site. I know 2 manufacturers that had word for word emails to the same specific customer turn up as review copy on Wizard's site.

after awhile I think the manufacturers wised up to his approach, but saw the benefit to them, and started to simply supply pictures to him knowing they would get exposure....a give and take. some dealers also saw the benefit and supply Wizard with info too. I'm sure he has developed many contacts that push pictures of high end gear to him.

anyone can email any manufacturer as a customer and ask for pictures and information, and they will respond. but do we go to the trouble? no. but if someone wants to go to the trouble to get this information out there for us to enjoy then good for them.

am I interested enough in these pictures to pay for access? no. but maybe some will.

as far as someone using pictures from his website without proper credit; I doubt the Wizard has the legal rights to many of those. sure; someone who gave them to Wizard does possibly own the rights.

I hope it works out for Wizard.....and that he continues to post pictures of ultra gear for us to enjoy.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I have wondered about Wizard for quite some time, who is he? Is he a dealer? Is he an Ezine wannabe? Is he just a guy who gets into grabbing photos and sharing them? Is he taking original photos and getting original info from manufacturers? If it's the latter, god bless him and pay for his work, if not then... who is this guy?

I PM'd him last year asking about his business and got nothing back. I like his pics though :)

So, Wizard, who are you? A name? A business?

Time to pull the curtain down.

The-Wizard-of-Oz-Behind-the-Curtain.jpg

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
There was a discussion somewhere abouthis identity. He was believed to be from scandinavia AFAIR, but noone ever heard about an individual, which would fit the equipment profile he claimed to have (those are very small markets). He defended himself saying he bought everything abroad...

An experienced audiophile or not, I liked his blog. The $100 fee seems excessive though.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing