Wilson Audio Speaker Owners

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
Thats very subjective. I am using Zenwave speaker and power, and Tellurium Q Silver Diamond ICs and USB and AES. I love them all, but I find the gear really can drive the cable decisions to some extent, not the speaker itself. I love Daves stuff, Zenwave audio. Great guy and FANTASTIC sounding cables, especially the power cables.

These cables I mention tend to have a neutral tone overall with plenty of detail in the higher level models.
Thanks, I will check out Dave's cables.

Reactions: skids929

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I am sure you have seen the brutal review in Audio Science review. Thoughts? I know these guys are numbers only guys, but dang!
Forget about “Audio Science Review”. I put the site in quotes for a reason. It’s junk. Doesn’t mean there aren’t valuable members there, there are, but Amir and the others who post “scientific” reviews is just jubbish content. Waste of your time to read. No good scientist or engineer would ever publish that and hope it’s credible.
What they do is start with the end in mind, which is always a version of ‘high priced AV gear is for wealthy fools… we will show you why’. They then proceed to conduct “measurements” to prove their hypothesis. This is the wrong approach. You don’t start with the goal in mind and seek to get data to prove it. A finance professor at Harvard once told us that ”you can make a spreadsheet show any conclusion you want”.
With the Tune Tots, he measured at the wrong place. He did not measure between the drivers, despite Wilson clearly stating where they measured to get their frequency response plot.
The gospel at ASR is that measurements tell all - and a $1K amp with .0000001% distortion is going to sound better than a $50K amp which doesn’t measure as well. Total BS. It’s a group of ignorant people who use ASR to justify why their lower priced gear is not inferior to the best. ’nough said!

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Amir and his cronies live in their Mom's basements and can't afford half the stuff they review so that alone makes their reviews meaningless and their credibility zero.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
My Tune Tots just arrived. Still setting them up (hence why they are not properly mounted on the bases). I have read the Base is essential and I believe it. They were designed for the bases, you can tell.
I think they look great on a desktop next to an Apple XDR Display and the Nagra Tube DAC and PSU.

Attachments

• F8E58D35-9878-4772-8BB9-16E2BB141642.jpeg
    F8E58D35-9878-4772-8BB9-16E2BB141642.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 12

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing