Wilson Audio at RMAF

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Wilson Audio at RMAF 2013

I am sure most of you heard about Wilson Audio's room at the Hyatt from show reports and/or forums (or even got to hear it at the show).

At this year's Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, Wilson Audio demonstrated the system that represents their state-of-the-art: Alexandria XLF supported by two Thor's Hammer Subwoofers. With program material including DSD transfers of some of Dave Wilson's legendary recordings from the 1980s. A video recap of the undertaking, from setup to the reactions of those who were there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LohZKxklzIA

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

I am sure most of you heard about Wilson Audio's room at the Hyatt from show reports and/or forums (or even got to hear it at the show).

At this year's Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, Wilson Audio demonstrated the system that represents their state-of-the-art: Alexandria XLF supported by two Thor's Hammer Subwoofers. With program material including DSD transfers of some of Dave Wilson's legendary recordings from the 1980s. A video recap of the undertaking, from setup to the reactions of those who were there.

Nice! Wish I could have been there! Thanks for sharing.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

And Mark made out like a bandit :)

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
And Mark made out like a bandit :)

I did! Debbie was kind enough to lay a couple of T-Shirts on me as well as a CD. In addition, Debbie invited me to the private bash at the Wilson suite at the Hyatt. And besides all of that, Debbie is just a really sweet person.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I did! Debbie was kind enough to lay a couple of T-Shirts on me as well as a CD. In addition, Debbie invited me to the private bash at the Wilson suite at the Hyatt. And besides all of that, Debbie is just a really sweet person.

Now all you need are the matching speakers!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
As Steve noted something you will not forget too soon. The Owners Event was something special to attend.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
We had the pleasure of hosting Peter Mc Grath in Lisbon last Thursday at the Wilson Audio day at our distributor, Imacustica. It was a great afternoon - Peter is really a gentleman and his recordings are also great. He was joined by the UK distributor and a long time acquaintance and friend of mine, Ricardo Franassovici, of Absolute Sounds - we could enjoy great systems, music and food ;), and , must of all, we could learn the details about the first meeting between Peter and Dave Wilson, forty years ago!

You can find an excellent report and some pictures and movies by Jose Vitor Henriques at his audio blog Hificlube.

http://www.hificlube.net/pt/artigos/eventos/imacustica-em-festa/a-festa.aspx

http://www.hificlube.net/pt/artigos/eventos/imacustica-em-festa/a-musica.aspx

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Poor Peter has been rather busy recently as he was also at the HiFi News organised show here in the UK at the end of October :)
Thanks for the links Micro.
Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing