What ethernet cables are members using?

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Are you using a 3rd party router? For me the network connection was really bad before I installed a good TP-Link router.
I got a combined WiFi6 modem/router from my ISP and have a 1Gbps connection. It works nicely so far in the three levels of my house.

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

Terry0

May 21, 2022
Gold Coast Australia
I have tried quite a number of Ethernet patch cables at different price points and at present the one I have enjoyed listening to the most and that has made the most improvement is SQ is the Vertere Pulse HB. It is not often that a cable, no matter who makes it, improves sq in a system as much as a component upgrade, the Vertere cable does, to my ears it is simply that good.

And yes I know it is a bold statement. ... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: KPC

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
Vertere has some amazing products! Did you listen/compare also to Audioquest Diamond and Pink Faun?

Reactions: Adco

acg

Dec 25, 2013
I'll agree with @Terry0 the Vertere Pulse HB is something else and is akin to a component upgrade.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I got a Pink Faun and also ordered both FTA metis and crystal connect Monet, let you know the comparison once i can test them, Pink Faun is a very good one which fall into the analog side and doesn't sound too analytical, i sold my Dalby meda and keep the pink Faun, acoustic revive quadrant and TWL freedom now, its quite interesting to mix and match the cables between modem router switches and streamer to give you different taste
@Bobofei86 did you have enough time with the Crystal Monet, Acoustic Revive Quadrant, FTA Metis and Pink Faun LAN ?
Can you tell us how do they compare ?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Anyone tried or own Ikigai Sugure or Kangai LAN cables ?

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
Reactions: Thieliste

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014

vert

Oct 26, 2015
Yes and it’s very musical but not as balanced as the FTA which I got it today, Pink Faun add some favor in mid and low frequency which sounds very engaging

I had Pink Faun and no doubt it adds flavor. And I found it tilted the sound towards the midrange and bass.

Anyone who doesn't believe ethernet cables can affect the sound should listen to Pink Faun.

Reactions: jasond

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Anyone who doesn't believe ethernet cables can affect the sound should listen to Pink Faun.
Same for Wireworld, except it tilts the sound towards the treble.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I had Pink Faun and no doubt it adds flavor. And I found it tilted the sound towards the midrange and bass.

I have 3 of them now in my system and now find the bass a little too slow and muddy but i do like the midrange and trebel with this cable.
I might throw one FTA Metis in the mix and see what it does to the bass.

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
The Audioquest Diamond is excellent in overall performance - if anyone gets the chance to test/compare, very recommended.

Reactions: Alpinist

agisthos

Oct 14, 2012
Melco Audio the maker of switches and streamers have Ethernet cables and I am surprised no one mentions them considering the popularity of their other products.

Their Ethernet cables are on the cheaper pricing range so that probably why. The new Melco C100 has a floating shield on the audio end connector, so the drain only flows one way.

agisthos

Oct 14, 2012
Years ago I tried Supra, Audioquest and Wireworld Ethernet cables and ended up with the Nordost Heimdall 2 as being the best of them all.

But no doubt things have changed since then. Reading this thread shows there is a huge range of Ethernet cables now while back then only a few cable manufacturers made them, or were just starting to release a line of them.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
My Pink Faun Lan cables now sound really good, you really need a solid 2 weeks of burning in to hear how good they are.

Reactions: jasond

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing